VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What to do when VA providers put in inflammatory or false notes in progress notes?

Rate this question

daroosta

Question

This isn’t the first time providers have entered in untrue and incorrect notes into Myhealthevet blue button medical notes. I just found another what is an incorrect entry in progress notes. Also what does a Vet do when he suspects that he may getting secretly targeted by mental health providers trying to discredit his disabilities?  I can sense that this is what is exactly going on.  Especially in the mental health clinic. The psychologists can’t even hide it well. This is why I usually avoid the VA for any kind of mental health treatment. Though I’ve started group, I have already felt the distain coming from the providers. One of them made a rude comment after I made a comment about a certain symptom she brought up to the group. This is endless. I know what they are up to. The exacerbation of existing symptoms as a result of all this, has been paralyzing to me. On my way to my last group recently I even got into a car crash because my mind was so distraught about having to attend the group. My experience with the mental health clinic over time, via my intuition and experiences, tells me that their primary, hidden purpose, is to try to discredit vets. Please advice. How should I proceed? Please advise. Thanks. 

Edited by daroosta

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would confront this person next  scheduled appointment  and take copies off  myhealthevet notes  and confront this person face to face and ask why did you say this in my notes  and show the notes to them and just simply say  you know & I KNOW BOTH YOU NEVER METION THIS  AT MY LAST APPOINTMENT.

I request nicely that you make an amendment to this and correct what was said during our appointment....they should correct it by make an amendment  in your record notes from myhealthvet.

They can't take it out of your records notes off myhealthvet   those are considered to be official records   but a correction can be made to null those existing records.

if they refuse to do this or make  the correction  go see your VAMC Director.

I fully agree with Buck52 on his answer.  Another route you might take is to find treatment at an outside provider and have their notes added to your VA file.  I was lambasted at the VA mental health and had a study done by several mental health professionals at the University of Connecticut.  They took issue with the way that the VA had assigned multiple and separately distinct conditions that could not be coexisting.  Their report basically wiped clean the slate on my mental health records.

17 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I would confront this person next  scheduled appointment  and take copies off  myhealthevet notes  and confront this person face to face and ask why did you say this in my notes  and show the notes to them and just simply say  you know & I KNOW BOTH YOU NEVER METION THIS  AT MY LAST APPOINTMENT.

I request nicely that you make an amendment to this and correct what was said during our appointment....they should correct it by make an amendment  in your record notes from myhealthvet.

They can't take it out of your records notes off myhealthvet   those are considered to be official records   but a correction can be made to null those existing records.

if they refuse to do this or make  the correction  go see your VAMC Director.

Sounds like a great idea, doesn't necessarily work though.....for example   is patient a fall risk   NO

has the patient fallen in the last 6 months YES

more than 3 times YES

does patient use aids No

cane

FYI  my primary care doctor is the interim chief at my VA and she is an IDIOT, I have a vestibular disorder that I am service connected for, I am have a walker, a wheelchair and a service dog all of which were provided by the VA  (my service dog receives his veterinary care and all of his equipment from the VA, including his balance harness)  those are just the really ridiculously obvious ones......I asked her to correct them, ask the patient advocate who thinks the woman walks on water and nothing gets corrected.  I stopped bothering, I asked for a primary care doctor at a VA 2 1/2 hours away because the VA close to me is awful.  I have never used or had a cane........not sure who they are referring to or where that came from?   Can't do anything when your shitty doctor is the interim chief......I thought she sucked before and now ugh I cannot wait until my appointment with my new primary care doctor so I never have to deal with this incompetent witch ever again.

Yea thanks for replies all. I just had another car accident with my rental car. Had a major car accident a week ago. My mind has been off in lala land. Can’t focus well. This has all been so taxing on me. All this stress from my experiences with care at the VA has been destroying any slither of peace that I’ve had. If any to begin with. My mental state is going straight down to hell. When u feel like u are being targeted from every provider you deal with. At least in my perceptions. 

Edited by daroosta

I called the VA to think about finally addressing it. I did not want to speak with a patient advocate. As I can’t know whether or not they will look out for me. I called the administrative office and got someone in the phone who said she would pass on my concern to somebody called a patient experience officer. I found out that this is the person who basically oversees all the patient advocates. I’m not sure this will be high enough in the command chain though. I believe another vet mentioned contacting the VAMC directors office?  Anyone knowledgeable about that avenue?

Edited by daroosta