VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back to evidence review

Rate this question

Mantana

Question

Backstory:

Mental health claim filed April 2019

July 2019 added DBQ with mental health diagnosis

Dec 2019 decision didn't include mental health claim. 

Dec 2019 called and informed Va I didn't get a rating.

Jan 2020 claim reopened 

Feb 16 2020 attend c and p

Feb 21 2020 moved to prep for decision 

Feb 28 2020 moved back to review of evidence 

Feb 28 get a call from my vso telling me there is a rating decision in my file, but my claim still states review of evidence and my overall rating does not yet reflect the new decision.

After finding out I had a c and p exam i obtained an updated DBQ and submitted it in early Feb.

VA.GOV states you have 1 year to submit new evidence when you file a claim. Is my claim being reopened after the decision or did they realize they missed my updated DBQ? The hotline doesn't know anything other than my account notes all evidence received. 

I actually have a copy of the decision and effective dates and rating decision and code sheet. I don't understand why it would go back after decision was made 

I also have another claim pending in the decision phase 

Edited by Mantana

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Ebenefits probably hasn't updated yet Or,  VSO's can see decisions before they are finalized, and sometimes they jump the gun when notifying veterans about updates on claim activity. what did your VSO say about your claim other than there was a decision? If thats all they told you, what was the point of them calling you? *smh*

17 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

what did your VSO say about your claim other than there was a decision? If thats all they told you, what was the point of them calling you? *smh*

I was requesting a copy of my DBQ and they called to let me know they emailed it and my rating decision that was decided that day 2/28/20. I have the decision which shows the rational and the code sheet showing it is a static condition and all my effective dates. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Mantana You said that they "emailed a copy of your C&P DBQ and your rating decision"? They emailed them? Weird; not a regular original hard copy of your decision? With the official seal and letterhead? Maybe you could redact your personal info and post it; might help.

5 hours ago, GBArmy said:

They emailed them? 

My VSO has access to all documents. It is literally the rating decision with the seal on top. I'll try to get a copy redacted if I can figure that out 

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like one of the raters took your claim to a higher up rater to look at because he could not make a correct decision?? (maybe?)...maybe lack of evidence or not enough evidence  it sounds like they are having a problem with the evidence you submitted  or the higher up rater is looking at your claim ....> never trust e benefits  wait for the BBE

• HadIt.com Elder

Also some times the VSO Can see the decision on his computer  in the VBMS and usually writes out a letter and this is a unofficial letter, but he sends it to the Veteran  awaiting the BBE

Hopefully your VSO didn't get in a big hurry and the rater had sent your claim back to the higher up rater to look at?

This is the first time I ever heard them emailing it to the Veteran.