VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov updated today - SOC couldn’t fully grant your appeal.

Rate this question

dloehr22

Question

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a 90% rating (94% according to VA Math) for back, knees, ptsd, broken foot, tinitus, migraines, etc. I have an appeal with 11 things on it. Its for increases and earlier effective dates, not necessarily anything new. I filed a NOD. I then had some exams. I now got onto VA.GOV and saw that as of 2/28/2020 they sent a statement of case that says:

"The Statement of the Case explains the reasons why they couldn’t fully grant your appeal."

My question is this : Does this mean that something may have been granted since it said "couldn't FULLY grant" instead of saying couldnt grant it all together? Sorry if this is a recurring question on here. Any advice would be so appreciated. I check my award letter, and my disabilities tab and all of them say the same thing so I didnt know whether to be numbed out or not. I only need 10% increase on any given thing to get over the 100% hump. And according to my exams and what I have researched, it should be granted... but I try not to get my hopes up :(. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by dloehr22
Typo and adding VA Math

13 minutes ago, MrPain7 said:

Dloehr22: I received the same statement use got 2/8/2020 with eight claims which were all denied just 

wait until you the envelope hopefully it will be a positive response..............

Thank you for the reply. That is definitely a bummer on your end. I hope for something positive as well. I will keep everyone posted here. Called the 1800 number and they wont speak to me about it. Nothing updated on ebenefits or va.gov so just hoping it comes in the mail soon. That's all i can really do at this point. Thanks again. 

Basically it means you need to wait for the envelope.  

However, if you go to "letters" on ebenefits, you "may" be able to find out if you got an increase overall or not.  The reason is, even tho ebenefits and VA.gov are unreliable, the VA does not want us running around with "letters" which come from VA which says we have 100 percent disability rating, when we dont.   

1 hour ago, dloehr22 said:

My question is this : Does this mean that something may have been granted since it said "couldn't FULLY grant" instead of saying couldnt grant it all together? Sorry if this is a recurring question on here. Any advice would be so appreciated. I check my award letter, and my disabilities tab and all of them say the same thing so I didnt know whether to be numbed out or not. I only need 10% increase on any given thing to get over the 100% hump. And according to my exams and what I have researched, it should be granted... but I try not to get my hopes up :(. Thanks everyone. 

In calculating your combined rating, I hope you used the 38 CFR 4.25

https://community.hadit.com/topic/53306-va-rating-chart-cfr-38-part-4/

• HadIt.com Elder

dloehr22 Ruby said it best; use a va calculator. There are many available on the internet. You are rated at 90%, but that last 10% is tough to get. For each new or increase in a disability of 10%, you basically only get 1% added to your combined rating. For example, if you got a new disability and it is rated at 10%, your total combined rating would probably move to 91%. And, it is just speculation anyway. As Bronc said, you need to wait to get your decision letter. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to guess what the VA did. You'll receive it in a week or so. Find a hobby for a few days.

12 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

dloehr22 Ruby said it best; use a va calculator. There are many available on the internet. You are rated at 90%, but that last 10% is tough to get. For each new or increase in a disability of 10%, you basically only get 1% added to your combined rating. For example, if you got a new disability and it is rated at 10%, your total combined rating would probably move to 91%. And, it is just speculation anyway. As Bronc said, you need to wait to get your decision letter. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to guess what the VA did. You'll receive it in a week or so. Find a hobby for a few days.

1 hour ago, ruby said:

You have to know va math.  Look for a va calculator.

Sorry for the confusion. I am 94% disabled and have a bilateral factor of 5.3 or something like that. (VA MATH) ... I just need 10% to bump to 100% overall. I’ve used the calculators to do it. 

My question is more about what that letter can entail... is it sometimes a partial grant and partial denial and if so anyone have experience with it. Thanks!