VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov updated today - SOC couldn’t fully grant your appeal.

Rate this question

dloehr22

Question

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a 90% rating (94% according to VA Math) for back, knees, ptsd, broken foot, tinitus, migraines, etc. I have an appeal with 11 things on it. Its for increases and earlier effective dates, not necessarily anything new. I filed a NOD. I then had some exams. I now got onto VA.GOV and saw that as of 2/28/2020 they sent a statement of case that says:

"The Statement of the Case explains the reasons why they couldn’t fully grant your appeal."

My question is this : Does this mean that something may have been granted since it said "couldn't FULLY grant" instead of saying couldnt grant it all together? Sorry if this is a recurring question on here. Any advice would be so appreciated. I check my award letter, and my disabilities tab and all of them say the same thing so I didnt know whether to be numbed out or not. I only need 10% increase on any given thing to get over the 100% hump. And according to my exams and what I have researched, it should be granted... but I try not to get my hopes up :(. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by dloehr22
Typo and adding VA Math

The 91% is correct and would be rounded down to 90% but the problem with internet calculators is that they all use decimals and the combined rating chart doesn't.  That decimal point can actually throw a rating off. To truly fight and understand and fight VA toe to toe we must use the VAs regulations to go round for round.

8 hours ago, pete992 said:

The 91% is correct and would be rounded down to 90% but the problem with internet calculators is that they all use decimals and the combined rating chart doesn't.  That decimal point can actually throw a rating off. To truly fight and understand and fight VA toe to toe we must use the VAs regulations to go round for round.

I guess I’m confused. I have 210% total in disabilities ... When I use the VA calculator I have 94 % with the bilateral factor of 5.3 applied. 

I guess I’m not sure where everyone is saying it’s 91%. My question though was more directed at how the SOCs can vary as far as partial approvals, partial grants, partial denials, etc and anyone’s experience or knowledge on that matter. Thanks for the reply though from everyone so far, much appreciated. 

Dloehr22: I received the same statement use got 2/8/2020 with eight claims which were all denied just 

wait until you the envelope hopefully it will be a positive response..............

There are a lot of veterans who disabilities add up to well over 200%. I am one of them but VA math goes to 100%. I am not sure of your breakdown of disabilities and as I posted before VA combine rating chart does not use decimals.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, dloehr22 said:

My question is this : Does this mean that something may have been granted since it said "couldn't FULLY grant" instead of saying couldnt grant it all together?

I would say yes, you may get the SOC that explains why VA couldn't/wouldn't grant your claim(s) and the option to continue to appeal these claim(s). You should also get an award letter granting you whatever claim(s) VA approved. Read these letters very carefully.  There are times when VA will grant a veteran 100% and ask if he/she wants to withdraw all his/her other appeals. VA did the same thing to me.  I told them I wanted my appeal to continue.  I finally won my appeal and EED back to 1998. Of course you know that VA rating chart only goes to 100% but as to the compensation pay after reaching 100% there is the SMC chart.

3 hours ago, pete992 said:

There are a lot of veterans who disabilities add up to well over 200%. I am one of them but VA math goes to 100%. I am not sure of your breakdown of disabilities and as I posted before VA combine rating chart does not use decimals.

I would say yes, you may get the SOC that explains why VA couldn't/wouldn't grant your claim(s) and the option to continue to appeal these claim(s). You should also get an award letter granting you whatever claim(s) VA approved. Read these letters very carefully.  There are times when VA will grant a veteran 100% and ask if he/she wants to withdraw all his/her other appeals. VA did the same thing to me.  I told them I wanted my appeal to continue.  I finally won my appeal and EED back to 1998. Of course you know that VA rating chart only goes to 100% but as to the compensation pay after reaching 100% there is the SMC chart.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will keep everyone posted if you want. I still haven't received the letter as of yet but i'm sure it will take a couple more days unless my attorney gets it sooner and calls me. Thanks again.