VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just had BVA Hearing

Rate this question

capitan

Question

After waiting 6 years I finally had my BVA Hearing. I think it went well, and it appears I will be granted service connection, even though the lady judge didn't say that outright. She did give indication she agrees with me that I have submitted the three elements of SC.  Does anybody know what happens now? My VSO says it could be 5 or 6 months before I know anything. The judge asked me when I was diagnosed, and if I was 75. When I said yes, she said she was going to speed it up. I included residuals in my claim, and I don't know if she will grant them. I know judges have before. So I'm wondering what my rating will be. My VSO said to start contacting my doctors about getting residuals on my record so I won't have to have C&P exams. Any advice appreciated.

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Capitan I don't know what residuals you are talking about. You can upload or have your VSO submit evidence on your claim, but it is up to te VA to decide if more C&P's will be required. Always.  Did the BVA have any remands with the decision? If so, depending on what they want to find out, there can certainly be more.

The BVA may hasten your claim in response to your age.  They are usually pretty good about that, especially when the judge mentions it.  Your case will be decided and you will get a statement that defines your award and why the board decided in that way.  I doubt they will remand for residuals, unless you have already requested them.  At your age, I would get appointments to have the residuals looked at with the VA as your VSO advises.  They may still ask for C&P's and that is totally up to the regional office, even on a remand.  Good Luck.

I got  a Press release or something from the VA when I was sick with the FLU-(I think) ....can't find it

but it said the BVA has hired more lawyers and that they are producing decisions faster than in the past.

They all have law clerks to help them, in order to keep up to speed with any new VA issue.

What concerns me is that the BVA awarded at least 2 vets for HBP due to AO (due to the NAS study I mentioned in the AO  forum with those decisions,) but a few other vets, with incountry service, and HBP were remanded back to the RO.

Perhap the remand was only for a C & P exam -forget-

Maybe I was delirious with a fever about the BVA lawyers -I think they said there were 7 more hired , ....the FLU is awful and I sure had gotten my Flu shot months ago.

It is free for anyone on Medicare and I am sure free for vets who to go VAMCS.

I was screened for the Corona Virus last week by my main medical provider.I sure hope VA is screening vets as well as VAMC visitors too.