VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Connected ratings

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I figured I would throw this question out partly because of boredom.  If the VA has rating criteria for psoriasis based on medication use, why would the connected ratings, which are treated with the same medications, not have similar criteria.  For example, a 60% rating for psoriasis is constant use of immunosuppresive meds, but IBD and psoriatic arthritis are not rated this way, even though the same powerful drugs are used in treatment and the conditions often claimed as secondaries of each other.  I know its based on the regulations in existence, but just curious why this wouldn't be taken in to account.  Just something I found a bit odd.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

One of the complexities of VA ratings is that the ratings are defined in the CFR's or congressional ratings.  If you disease is not in the CFR's than it can be rated as analogous to another similar rating.  The VA can also claim that your condition is not a defined disability.  My disability on discharge was not defined in the CFR's so I could not be rated when I was disabled out of service so I originally received nothing, a zero percent rating.  Since my discharge and long fight with the military and VA my disability is now ratable, it has affected many service men and women over in the middle east.  The VA now recognizes that such an injury can cause life long complications and disability.  The injury is heat stroke and it can really mess up your day.  Most people will recover but some people may not, depending on how serious the injury was.