VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case Closed

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone

I posted this morning asking about the completion date, and I just saw that now my case has been closed. Seeing that it's closed could I call the 800 number and find out what the outcome is  or can I have the law firm that representing me find out or do I just wait.

VA2.PNG

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, scooter318 said:

Hi Everyone

I posted this morning asking about the completion date, and I just saw that now my case has been closed. Seeing that it's closed could I call the 800 number and find out what the outcome is  or can I have the law firm that representing me find out or do I just wait.

You can check on ebennies on your disabilities page, or by VA summary/benefits letters. Some people try and call Peggy, but I don't think they do that over the phone. Hope the news is positive for you!

Edited by awgv001

• HadIt.com Elder

scooter318 Peggy is what we affectionately call the VA info line on claims. 800-827-1000. Take whatever they tell you with a grain of salt; it is verbal and some reps are much better in getting accurate info to you.

Peggy will not tell you the outcome of your claim, they will tell you to wait for your letter.  If you have a VSO or lawyer though they should be able to access VBMS and tell you the status though.

Edited by vetquest

Is this a new claim or a existing claim ? The reason I ask is if you already a claim open (a new claim) and you open another, usually what will happen is they will close your most recent claim and "combine" it with the other.