VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need help with 100% P&T. Rating table shows only 93%

Rate this question

USN806

Question

Used these forums a lot for research and I appreciate everyone's inputs that I have used in my own situation.. Down to the point

I recently had a decision from the VA granting 50% for PTSD. My complete percentage list looks like this 50(Plantar fasciitus), 50(PTSD), 30(Sleep Apnea), 20(shoulder/right), 20(shoulder/right), 20(back), 10(tinnitus), 10(hip). Following the combined rating table I get to 93. Waiting on my decision letter to get to the house, I received a retro payment of 1300-ish. I check ebenefits and it shows me at 100% P&T. Anyone have experience with this? Why is it 100%? Does this mean I can't work? Never applied for or mentioned anything about failing to hold down a job

3 hours ago, USN806 said:

Used these forums a lot for research and I appreciate everyone's inputs that I have used in my own situation.. Down to the point

I recently had a decision from the VA granting 50% for PTSD. My complete percentage list looks like this 50(Plantar fasciitus), 50(PTSD), 30(Sleep Apnea), 20(shoulder/right), 20(shoulder/right), 20(back), 10(tinnitus), 10(hip). Following the combined rating table I get to 93. Waiting on my decision letter to get to the house, I received a retro payment of 1300-ish. I check ebenefits and it shows me at 100% P&T. Anyone have experience with this? Why is it 100%? Does this mean I can't work? Never applied for or mentioned anything about failing to hold down a job

If you have separate ratings for your shoulders than the bi-lateral factor is coming into play and that could take you past the 95% threshold

USN806, I figured your rating on a bilateral calculator and find you at 100% due to the two shoulder injuries.  I am under the same due to bilateral of the legs and arms.  Yes you can still work since you are not TDIU.  I have never figured out how that works that you are totally disabled but can work but that is a decision made by people who are supposed to be smarter than me.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:43 PM, vetquest said:

I have never figured out how that works that you are totally disabled but can work but that is a decision made by people who are supposed to be smarter than me.

Vetquest, there are quite a few 100% veterans working at regional offices and other government agencies.  Working in an atmosphere where there is very low physical efforts and I would say moderate stress is very possible.

3 hours ago, pete992 said:

Vetquest, there are quite a few 100% veterans working at regional offices and other government agencies.  Working in an atmosphere where there is very low physical efforts and I would say moderate stress is very possible.

I have that but when you are given 100% disability you are supposed to be 100% unable to work under the VA's own regulations.  They instructed me when I got 50% that I was considered to be 50% unable to work and that I still had a 50% ability to work.  When I got 100% it was supposed to be that I was 100% unable to work.  That is why it is so hard to get 100%, supposedly.  Then they make 100% veterans able to work.  As I have said it before I do not get it but maybe we are not supposed to understand the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with vetquest, my only explanation is the VA knows any veteran with a leeser rating under 95%  the pay out is considerably less.

this is why they do that  because making the 100% now when a veteran is rated less than the 95%  its very hard to get to the 100%   a veteran would need another 50% or an increase on his current disability  and that's very hard to do for a veteran.

I've always thought common sense on this  if a Veteran is S.C. rated 90% /94%   well in my opinion  he is severely disabled at that rating. AND CHANCES ARE HE CAN'T WORK so if he gets a normal rater the rated will infer the IU but they don't always do that.

I think the VA Should change this  if a Veteran is rated 90% or above  then give that Veteran a schedule 100% rating.