VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC Exam

Rate this question

dwight

Question

I'm currently rated at 90% disability and 10% being lumbar DDD. I recently had surgery for lumbar radiculopathy w/sciatica down my left side. I went to a QTC today and the PA stated that she wouldn't make me do any ROM since I just had surgery 3 weeks ago. They took my vitals and she measured the scar on my back. I put in for an increase for lumbar DDD, and secondary claim for radiculopathy and a claim for sciatica. My question is, how will this be handled since VA has no ROM to go off of? Will VA be obligated to go with highest rating since they have no ROM to measure me by?

Dwight, no the VA is not obligated to go with the highest rating since there was no ROM measurement.  The claim will most likely cause another C&P or will be denied without the measurements and you will have to appeal for a new C&P. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually we can't speculate on what the C&P Examiner will write in his/ her report? Just Depends what boxes she checks yes  to.

I had a C&P ptsd exam  one time and the examiner said to me ''I read about your stressors and won't be asking you about them, I don't want to remind you of your past,'' so she checked  the boxes with the stressors

Hopefully this examiner will check Box the ROM that gives you a highest rating.  even though she never measured your ROM...some times things go best being left unsaid

if not ?

Do as vetquest Mention.

Due to the fact that you just had surgery, depending on how long your recovery will be, VA may grant you a convalescent 100% rating and then re-evaluate you at a later time. Anything is possible with VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is quite possible all 3 responses are right on. No use speculating. Wait for the decision, and if necessary, go from there.

Also if you go into your local VA hospital, you can request the copy of the report from QTC. I’ve done this 3 different times and I was handed a print out of the exam every time. Once you have that exam you’ll know what she put.... I like all the answers but nothing we can say will change the VA decision or the QTC exam report. 

Interesting,

I have gone to qtc, lhi and a third other one and i can't remember the name. The third outsourced exam vendor i went to i have still not been able to get the exam notes. I was referred to send in a request for information act to the records department at the VA who in turn created a claim in ebenes very very very weird and no telling if the results were what i really requested (just the exam notes from the vendor) because the VA sent me a package with a CD with no instructions. Assuming this cd had the information i had requested there was no for sure answer because the CD had no data.... so pissed...ugh