VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC Exam

Rate this question

dwight

Question

I'm currently rated at 90% disability and 10% being lumbar DDD. I recently had surgery for lumbar radiculopathy w/sciatica down my left side. I went to a QTC today and the PA stated that she wouldn't make me do any ROM since I just had surgery 3 weeks ago. They took my vitals and she measured the scar on my back. I put in for an increase for lumbar DDD, and secondary claim for radiculopathy and a claim for sciatica. My question is, how will this be handled since VA has no ROM to go off of? Will VA be obligated to go with highest rating since they have no ROM to measure me by?

VES is the third one.

Have you called the C & P contractor-(VES) about the blank CD?       their contact info is here under a search.

"I was referred to send in a request for information act to the records department at the VA who in turn created a claim in ebenes very very very weird and no telling if the results were what i really requested (just the exam notes from the vendor) because the VA sent me a package with a CD with no instructions. Assuming this cd had the information i had requested there was no for sure answer because the CD had no data.... so"

That is VA BS. No need for FOIA -it can add months to your request for the C & P exam.

File an IRIS complaint ( www.va.gov - Contact Us button-) the complaint form is a pop down box and/or call the White House Veterans Hot line - 855-948-2311.

I might call the WH myself-

I only received 2 pages of a C & P exam my dead husband had in 1993.

After requesting more of the exam, many pages more turned up- except for the most important page.*

I contacted the neuro who still works for VA, by mail, and sent her what I had and asked her for the rest of the exam.She never replied.

The most important part missing was what she told me and the vet ( and all the vets standing in a waiting area  at a 4 cornerpart of the VAMC, where the exam was done )

loudly she said "Mr Simmons I declare you Totally and Permanently  disabled by your stroke."

The vets looked at my husband as if he had won the lottery. He looked at me, like - I know that already-

as it was obvious from his VA medical records, and SSDI and Voc Rehab  medical records.And other evidence.

This is still an issue with my RO.All of my other 100 P & T stroke evidence has been sent to the VA.

The issue is that the director insisted to me by phone, that he was 100% total but NOT permanent when he died.

All continuous 100% disabilities are Permanent at death.

I dropped a dime on her with the IG via an IG complaint. Her statement ( is borne out by a decision as well)

and the subsequent evidence shows the VA still owes me some cash.

I figured what they owed me and sent them that info as well.

If your spouses are not PC literate  and do not keep up with your VA issues, they could be given the same type  of BS my RO has given me and only by fighting  back ,with VA case law and regs, as well as probative evidence, I was able to succeed in my past issues.

I did a lot better when I dumped the DAV in 1998 and then the extraordinarily incompetent state reps I had in 2003.

Edited by Berta