VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability rating and answer

Rate this question

PTSKnee

Question

Greetings,

I recently checked the status of my claim, as I just went through my CP exam last week. I checked va.gov and it says that I am in the “gathering of evidence” phase with an estimated date of completion on Aug182020.

Little anxious due to the pushback date, so I checked on ebenefits under the disabilities tab. It showed that I was rated for 70% PTSD and it said deferred for my physical injury. 

Does this mean my PTSD claim was approved? How come it says one thing on va gov and actuall shows me a rating on ebenefits?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It means you need to wait for the envelope and not rely upon ebenefits/va.gov.

Exception:  If the "letters" in ebenefits allows you to print out a letter that says you are x percent disabled, this is usually accurate.  (But the effective date will likely be wrong).  

Good answer by broncovet.  Your case might be done by now but you need to wait for the actual envelope to know the outcome.  Otherwise we are all just guessing.

There are times when it is good to disagree. I do agree to wait on your official decision.  What I disagree with is if you print a letter from ebenefit/va.gov it is not worth the paper it is printed on if the rating decision is different. It may be correct but ebenefit/va.gov are notorious for being incorrect.

Just speaking from my experience and cannot attest to everyone else. In my experience, ebenefits has been 100% accurate; VA.gov, not so much. If it showed up there, that is at least what you have. I had almost an exact situation as yours. The physical injury is deferred for further review (prob another C&P exam) so your rating may be raised. In my opinion, you will probably receive a payment before your letter arrives. I have yet to get my letter in under 14 days. Time will tell.

Let us know how it goes.