VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bad experience with the CHAMPVA hotline

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This is the first time I have experienced this with the CHAMPVA hotline 1-800-733-8387 after calling dozens of times over the years. It is pretty typical to have somewhat lengthy wait times to speak with an agent. This time I must have drawn the short straw and spoke with a lady with a very heavy foreign accent. Although she gave her name at the beginning of the call, I could not understand it clearly due to her accent. During the call, she was very short and came off a bit mean. She conststantly interrupted me. I had to ask the same question several times because she would not listen to what I said. Eventually, my BP and anxiety level began to rise, so I kindly asked to speak with a supervisor or manager. She said there was not a supervisor or manager there. I asked to speak with someone else then. She asked why because they need to tell the next agent. I explained that I have a brain disorder,  anxiety, and had a heart attack last year. I needed to speak with someone who spoke slower and would have patience with me. She asked me to hold for the transfer, then I ended up being put back into the initial call queue where you enter your dependent's SSN and DOB and I had to wait a long time to speak with someone else. Gee, thanks VA for hiring top quality people...

Edited by Vync

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have some sort of good news. Late yesterday, I received a call from a supervisor apologizing for the bad experience. The supervisor of the bungling call center rep had already left for the day, but I am going to receive a call back from them later today or tomorrow. They said they listened to the call and believed the employee really had no clue how to look up claims properly and needed some customer service training. Waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, I also put in a complaint to the WH VA Hotline to help raise awareness of the issue.

Also Glen Johnsonof CHAMPVA, had done many radio shows with us in the past and his contact info is always on the show. I hope he still works for CHAMPVA as he really would give concise  info.

The shows are searchable in the radio archives.

His contact # is here and some of his shows:

https://hadit.com/glen-johnson-from-champva/