VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov Track Supplemental Claims Issues

Rate this question

bellrungboxer

Question

I'm new to the site and I've been reading a lot of posts talking about how seeing claim or appeal status via vets.gov/VA.gov. I was able to use this site for my regular claims, but for my supplemental claims, I have always had the status of "We don't know your status". 

I also had two of my "issues on review" just completely disappear from the tracking site. I've called Peggy and I've gone through the "Submit a question to VA" and they both had no idea what was going on. 

Has any body else dealt with issues like this on vets.gov/VA.gov?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Its a concern when "issues disappear".  If its a short period of time such as less than 3 weeks, then dont worry about it disappearing.  It could mean your benefits have been granted and ebenefits hasnt been updated!!

After about 2 or 3 weeks, tho, you need to start taking action.  38CFR 3.103 says you are "entitled to a written decision".  The problem is VA does not always do that.  I have had 2 issues which "disappeared", that VA TRIED not to adjuticate, but instead just hoped I would not notice.  I noticed!!!!!  

1.  They "forgot" arthritis of the knee.  I then saw in a rating sheet they quietly put it Not service connected without an VARO decision letter.  

2.  They "forgot" to adjuticate tdiu.  I held them to the fire on this one, and recently won an earlier effective date for TDIU.   Im 100 percent convinced they shredded my evidence, but that is moot now since I have won everthing I could expect (100 percent plus SMC S).  

The arthritis issue has become moot, and wont change my compensation 1 cent, so I let it go.  However, I have had a total knee replacement and, if I think I may need aid and attendance becausee of a fake knee gone wrong, I will fight again.  Right now, my knee surgery went well, and Im doing great on a implanted plastic and metal knee prosthesis.  (I broke my leg in service).  

I would need to pay for an IMO to link my arthritis/knee replacement to the in service fracture.   Since it wont change my compensation, I am not persuing this at this time.  

4 hours ago, broncovet said:

Its a concern when "issues disappear".  If its a short period of time such as less than 3 weeks, then dont worry about it disappearing.  It could mean your benefits have been granted and ebenefits hasnt been updated!!

You nailed it on the head. My VSO just called to let me know that one of those missing issues was granted and put me to 100% P&T!