VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stacked Claim

Rate this question

SmokeCheck2014

Question

I put in a claim for Voc Rehab.  All the paperwork was submitted and the claim was opened.  2 Days later the claim went to gathering of evidence with two RFEs that were posted by the VA not me.  I attended the C&P exams for both and now the claim is closed with no change in Ebennies. 

The questions are does the VA regularly schedule you for a C&P exam for Voc Rehab?  Why would they do that if you are already rated?

And are the two aforementioned RFEs just stacked on the claim of Voc Rehab or are they a seperate claim just getting pushed through together?

I received the letter in the mail for Voc Rehab but nothing for the RFEs yet.

Should I keep looking or did the RFEs not get looked at as a claim?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Well, we dont know if they are "stacked" or "seperate", but it doesnt make a lot of differnce if you get 2 seperate decisions, or 1 decision with 2 seperate issues.  

Are you concerned about a reduction with your (RFE) exam?  Has your condition gotten worse or better?  

It sounds like the exams had nothing to do with Voc rehab, but rather your rating was not "permanent" so they scheduled a Routine Future Exam (RFE) to see if you have improved or not.  

You could get an increase, you could get a reduction, it could stay the same, or it could stay the same and it become "permanent".  

Your disability rating can have something to do with Voc rehab.  They want to know your rating.