VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IBS presumtive?

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I have been recently diagnosed with IBS.  They have already verified through colonoscopy, blood-work, and stool sample that my issues are not cause by anything such as chron's or ulcerative colotis, so it is a functional condition with no definite explanation as to what started it.  I did deploy to Iraq 3 times from 2005-2007, for a total of about 22 months.  I'm not 100% if I can file this as a presumptive claim since I've been out for 11 years and the issues.  How would I go about submitting as presumptive?  As usual, everyone's help is greatly appreciated.

I’m just a little concerned that adding a new claim right now would delay my request to get my c-file.  I need it for an appeal on a different matter

Ok.  I didn’t know if it they would try to add this new info to the c-file and that would be the cause of the delay.   

should I just submit this without a dbq since va probably won’t take any stock in it

Unfortunately VA is VA and they could do anything.  Not knowing if your C-file is still paper or in the system this could very well delay anything and everything.  If and I say if your C-file has not been converted to the system it cannot be in two or three places at the same time.  If your C -file is in the system then it should not cause a delay.  Keep in mind that VA does not need a reason to delay your claim or copying your C-file. It is a gamble a crap shoot.  Even when you think you know they (VA) still pulls a rabbit out their --- and cause confusion. I am not trying to be negative these are the facts

Submitted the claim this morning, with no DBQ.  I did send multiple Gastroenterology reports including blood work and colonoscopy findings, referred them to get my VA med file, and a lay statement similar to the one I posted.  Here's hoping it goes well, and quick.  Also hoping it doesn't mess with my C-file request.  Thank everyone for your input.