VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IBS presumtive?

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I have been recently diagnosed with IBS.  They have already verified through colonoscopy, blood-work, and stool sample that my issues are not cause by anything such as chron's or ulcerative colotis, so it is a functional condition with no definite explanation as to what started it.  I did deploy to Iraq 3 times from 2005-2007, for a total of about 22 months.  I'm not 100% if I can file this as a presumptive claim since I've been out for 11 years and the issues.  How would I go about submitting as presumptive?  As usual, everyone's help is greatly appreciated.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:29 AM, SPO said:

I have been recently diagnosed with IBS.  They have already verified through colonoscopy, blood-work, and stool sample that my issues are not cause by anything such as chron's or ulcerative colotis, so it is a functional condition with no definite explanation as to what started it.  I did deploy to Iraq 3 times from 2005-2007, for a total of about 22 months.  I'm not 100% if I can file this as a presumptive claim since I've been out for 11 years and the issues.  How would I go about submitting as presumptive?  As usual, everyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Similar to mine, I had gastroenteritis, and hospitalized, and also other problems, sick from chemicals, a few times, all in my records, but they to this day refuse to link the gastroenteritis to anything including my ibs, and pancreas disease.. even though it is all documented by doctors. They will most likely fight you and you have to try to get IMO's, as they fight you.... and it is a really hard thing to get acknowledged, they fight you like they are getting a million dollars for every person they deny.  I haven

' read anything else yet on your battles with the va.... I can say, through my experience, no one with the va will help you. At least in any significant way. YOu will have to take them on and unless you already see a win, start the long fight, and start looking for doctors who can back your story. Good luck!  It will be a full time job.

Well folks. Looks like i got one of those rare easy wins with the Va.  I saw in ebennies that my claim was closed and my disability list now shows ibs at 30%. It took About 8 days Total and no c&p exam.  This bumps me to 80%.

Edited by SPO

3 minutes ago, SPO said:

Well folks. Looks like i got one of those rare easy wins with the Va.  I saw in ebennies that my claim was closed and my disability list now shows ibs at 30%. It took About 8 days Total and no c&p exam.  This bumps me to 80%.

Congratulations!

Every little bit helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well CONGRATS to you!!! No C&P and 8 days. Gotta be top 10 so far this year. Way to go. Do your homework; see if you have any secondaries you may have overlooked.