VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is the VA still processing claim during the Coronavirus?

Rate this question

rasceebp

Question

The VA uses "every excuse" to delay.  Coronavirus is a perfect excuse.  VA got themselves into trouble because they let people take a government laptop home (for work) and then they abused the priveledge and probably played video games on the government computer.  So, now, no laptops can be taken home.  

That has to slow stuff down because fewer people will be working, some will be sick with the flu and stay home, because coronavirus tests are pretty much not available.  So they have to play it safe, every time anyone has a runny nose they send em home.  (I have a runny nose most of the time).  

This said, it sounds like you have ebenefititis. 

ebenefititus:  A condition where people rely upon what ebenefit says, when they should know its unreliable, inaccurate, and not up to date.  It can cause panic, or poor decisions.  

I'm trying to eradicate it through education:  Dont rely on ebenefits.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Raceebc Prep for decision can be in limbo for weeks; it isn't always accurate. It can go back to eval evidence, etc. Believe me, a week or two is regular occurence. You could call Peggy, but I seriously doubt they will provide any more up to date status

They have not slowed down anything. Raters at RO's are still reporting daily IN OFFICE along with all the other people as of today, including me, starting the 30th. There is no reduction of duties. OPM has directed all agencies to authorize telework, including those people that have not done so previously, and those that may have gotten in trouble before, unless its for something egregious. 

If you are going to post, at least be accurate and try to keep the "va sucks, va uses all excuses" out of it. Everyone is having issues right now, its not all about you. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

First thing first, as far as I know there has been no official announcement about a shut down even though I have been thinking it may happen if something doesn't change.  Second, let's be real, I am quite sure that there will be some employees that will take time off sick or not sick. The it's not about you comment, my personal BVA claim has been finally granted after a twenty year fight and an IRIS response has informed me that a decision has been made, I think any person that works for VA should look at it as a veteran that has been waiting for some time and would like to know what is going on with their claim.  It's just being human.  I don't think I am being selfish.  We must realized that some people aren't getting sick.  Even if a skeleton crew is working at the ROs they could at least process the granted claims. I know I can't and won't get you to change your mind but who is really thinking it is about them by saying it is not about you other than you. So let's agree to disagree and stop promoting that VA is all good, we know better.

Im not "promoting" anything. Im laying it out factwise as I KNOW it to be. If that offends you, so be it. There is no 'skeleton' crew because there has been no work stoppage. If employees have to take time off because they are sick, or they have to deal with their kids not being in school potentially until the end of the the year deal with it. Hell, half the stores in my city are closed- and THAT IS JUST FINE. They need to do what they need to do, and you expecting people to continue to work in spite of the circumstances IS selfish. 

OK look at it this way, does every VA employee have children that need care taking? I don't think so.  Does having a skeleton crew to come in and work sounds extreme? I don't think so.

54 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If you are going to post, at least be accurate and try to keep the "va sucks, va uses all excuses" out of it. Everyone is having issues right now, its not all about you. 

As I stated it before let's agree to disagree. There is absolutely no way you can get me to change my mind. I have been in the shoes you are about to try on and you have never been in my shoes as far as I know so by you saying that everyone is having issues doesn't negate the fact that VA SUCKS, VA USES ALL EXCUSES and if you truly believe your post it simply means you choose not to see the damage and suffering  that VA decisions has causes so many veterans.