VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is the VA still processing claim during the Coronavirus?

Rate this question

rasceebp

Question

Are VSO's with the American Legion, DAV, VFW, etc still open helping veterans with claims?

• HadIt.com Elder

Fat Yes, but of course you have to check them out. Try to get recommendations from your buddies on who to check out. Ask why they think they were any good. Then ask him some good questions specifically on your claim and what you want to accomplish. I always say some are better than others; some are really better than others. Be sure they have a VBMS access also; if they ask what that is, head for the door. Just because a VSO is certified doesn't mean he is really going to be of any help to you.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

They have not slowed down anything. Raters at RO's are still reporting daily IN OFFICE along with all the other people as of today, including me, starting the 30th. There is no reduction of duties. OPM has directed all agencies to authorize telework, including those people that have not done so previously, and those that may have gotten in trouble before, unless its for something egregious. 

If you are going to post, at least be accurate and try to keep the "va sucks, va uses all excuses" out of it. Everyone is having issues right now, its not all about you. 

Thank you for posting.  It's nice to read some sanity here and real evidence-based opinion vs ranting about VA.  My claim has been in for going on 7 months and though I am anxious, it's nice to hear things are still progressing at the VA, the most sophisticated and integrated healthcare system in the USA.

We have a lot of RVSRs at my RO based on the seating diagram, and the IT guy was talking shop with me because I used to be in his job somewhere else, and said they bought a metric Crapton of laptops because of all of this. Lots of people that weren’t trained as telework capable (there are are some mandatory classes you have to take) are doing it under new continuity authority and picking up the classes later. 

I look at the Monday report and noticed that since the RO that services me closed they are actually completed twice as many claims as they had in weeks prior.  I suspect teleworking or not having the other interruptions might make it easier to process claims faster.  I'm an analyst by trade and just looking at the numbers it appears there is a clear correlation between the increased claim completion and the RO being closed (but maybe only if you're past the C&P examination part).

I completed my physical C&Ps in February and I know for a fact the rater and the examiner are communicating with each other, offices closed or not.

I’ve worked in other office/cubicle environments in IT and anecdotally I can agree. Those that seemed the most cushy and hipster actually allowed enough solitude and nonconformity for everyone to get into a workspace groove that suited their own productivity comfort levels. Working from home The last few days we went through two days of hr/paperwork orientation in a day and a half, and are starting training on actual work stuff early. Other than the distance training where they usually send people to other ROs to shadow this telework experiment for all of us that are new and not officially tele work qualified will probably show an up tick in overall productivity. By the time this is over we’ll have as much telework time credit as people who have been here for awhile. Usually you can’t Tele for at least a year. 

I had to audit my home setup and internet connection speed, and I’m in a Private subnet at home using their VPN, so security wise there is no concerning issues that I have seen thus far, either.