VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is the VA still processing claim during the Coronavirus?

Rate this question

rasceebp

Question

Simple answer, Yes.  As of April 1, 2020 VA is still working claims. No, this is not a late April fool's joke.  As for VA being closed that is for walk-ins. Of course there are some employees not working but there are some continuing to work through this time.

I was wondering the same exact thing. My claim hasn't been touched since March 11th, 2020, and before it was every week someone would work the files. I have an IU claim in and just waiting on previous employer to send form back. I submitted evidence March 14th that hasn't been reviewed. 

1 hour ago, SC2003 said:

I was wondering the same exact thing. My claim hasn't been touched since March 11th, 2020, and before it was every week someone would work the files. I have an IU claim in and just waiting on previous employer to send form back. I submitted evidence March 14th that hasn't been reviewed. 

If you are waiting on an employer form there is nothing else to work on your case until either the form comes back or VA has tried twice to get the form from the employer- they request it twice, after that if they don't get it they send you a letter that says its on you to try to get the former employer to fill it out, or you can waive it and then your file can proceed. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

If you are waiting on an employer form there is nothing else to work on your case until either the form comes back or VA has tried twice to get the form from the employer- they request it twice, after that if they don't get it they send you a letter that says its on you to try to get the former employer to fill it out, or you can waive it and then your file can proceed. 

Correct, I understand what you're speaking about, but I have a 2 files in the claim since the 11th untouched/reviewed.

That I can't tell you. Im sorry. I don't know. Claims are assigned to people electronically to work, so they DO get audited and those that are sitting in suspense somewhere get picked up and re-assigned. but I don't know much more than that.