VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Favor - Help me spread the word about HadIt.com

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

If you have a facebook page post a link to the site www.hadit.com or community.hadit.com this will help us spread the word each one of you is an ambassador for the site so post on your Facebook pages and invite folks to check us out.

If you have the time jump over to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/haditdotcom/ and gives us a like if you are so inclined.

2 answers to this question

I still have lots of hadit cards Tbird.

I don't do Facebook, but have passed them out many times, to church members, neighbors, and friends over the years. 

The local VA would not let me pass them out in the main lobby but that's OK- I passed them out, in other ways at the VAMC. 

Unfortunately many who ask me claims questions locally- do not use a PC and it is the greatest weapon we have, to succeed in our issues. Often they ask for someone else in their family, and that can become convoluted.

One member of my church had a relative wife of vet  in what they felt was a critical situation-( I did too) in a different state-and emailed th church member - and I gave them lots of info as to what they family needed to do as well as our web site addy and specific links and phone numbers  to the VAMC the vet needed to get to.

I don't do one to one,and could not contact her relative directly  but  this also involved the VA Chaplaincy in the other state's VAMC.

Much to my surprise the veteran joined us ( about 2 -3 years ago) thanking us for the info-although he didn't know where his wife got it from -( she got it and our web site link  from the church member) and he had enrolled into the VA in his state they were in and was getting very positive help for his PTSD.

Any outreach we can do can help so many-

I am a Gold Star Wife and they too need some help at their site getting the info they need.

The Information that they need is here - Many years ago they had a forum where I could put our web site addy but that has changed.

Anyone who comes to my home, knows right away,due to the framed service Recognitions from former Pres Clinton, and Pres. Reagan regarding my two deceased vet husbands. MY NVLSP Certificate , and AMU degree is next to them and of course, I have photos of my daughter in Uniform, all over the place!!! Plus many Flags in my PC room to include the flags of North and South Vietnam, and a beautiful shadow box display my daughter made about her dad and his medals,   photos, obit etc etc

Many times , even work men doing a job here, will mention their service or that of a family member or friend and I give them a Hadit card right away and  often a print out of our Home page too  and briefly show them what we do here.

We can pass the word in many ways.I make sure the hadit site cards are always in my purse.

If a vet or family member does not have a PC ,  then put the #s of the VAMC, which has a VVA rep, the NYSDIV of Vets Affairs which has a office at the local VAMC, and also the # for our county Veteran's Service Agency, on the back of the card, but also tell them maybe a family member could help them get on line here.

Edited by Berta

PS, if someone just has a cup of coffee  at a small table in my PC room-

next to some photos I took from  a helicopter, and an eagle, and always some flowers or a potted plant,  they usually noice my pineapple grenade , next to the phone on that table.

It is quite a conversation piece, and if they ask- 

'is that really a grenade'?

I reply ' yeah=

doesn't everybody have a grenade'  ??????😃