VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Connection

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Took the Titration part of the Sleep Study and was fitted with a mask.

The constant airflow does help with a more restful sleep.

Doctor completed the DBQ, provided a nexus, and provided the sleep study summary diagnosing me with OSA.

I have sleep studies from 2012 (OSA) and 2017 (CSA) as well.

The sleep study from 2017 (summarized and diagnosed) Rhinitis interfering with constant air flow thus predisposing me to sleep apnea.

I am going to submit a claim; however I have over 100 pages of sleep apnea documentation between 2012 and 2020.

What do I submit?

1. All paperwork?

2. Only paperwork regarding the current sleep study diagnosis in 2020?

3. Only paperwork from 2017 (summarization) and 2020 (nexus, DBQ, and summarization/diagnosis) ?

If you submitted a claim for sleep apnea, what paperwork did you submit?

A majority of my veteran group says all pertinent paperwork about diagnosis of OSA and Central Sleep Apnea in all years plus current DBQ and Nexus.

A small contingency says only current OSA diagnosis paperwork and 2017 summarization of Rhinitis predisposing to OSA.

All comments welcomed.

Lastly, the USA and the world are in a difficult time of pandemic disease.

I call on all veterans to renew and remember the initial oath we took upon entering the U.S. Armed Forces.

We must all protect each other and the ideal of hope and justice which is America.

America is great because it affords average men and woman to dream and become anything hardwork and preserverence will allow.

So protect yourself and others around you by taking extra health care precautions.

Call your children, neighbors, and fellow veterans  and check on them making sure they are ok.

The commitment we gave in entering the armed forces is the same commitment now needed to get through this tough time.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks.

It was done by a private sleep doctor.

I think I will submit paperwork from the 2017 (summarization) and all paperwork from the current sleep study.

Im currently fighting the VA, filed a claim in Sep 2019 for OSA secondary to my service connected lower back and shoulders (which overall contributed to weight gain). I had a nexus and dbq completed by a private physician, I have an active diagnosis with the VA, issued a cpap, and my c&p examiner at the VA also opined that the OSA is related to service. I got the denial for it in March 2020; so Im working a Higher Level Review now. Not to discourage you! Just wanted to answer your question (willing to update my post once the HLR comes back (phone call can be any day now).