VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Offices will be closed to the public starting March 19, 2020

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

I am curious if RO operations with the exception of walk in traffic, will remain active considering the recent Coronavirus polices?  Eg; BVA appeal decision ratings, C&P reviews, etcetera.  

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

MKAH I'd like to know like we all would. But it is a dynamic situation and I think that there are admin changes, whether official or otherwise being made frequently. A work in progress, as they say. So if you get some reliable info from a RO or BVA office, it might be subject to change fairly quickly. My gut feeling is we undoubtedly are going to see some serious delays not only in medical care but in Benefits especially. Hopefully not.

As of now yes. I’m still reporting for my first day of work at the RO physically on the 30th. They are closed to walk ins but staff are still required to come in. Admin leave is granted for quarantined people but weather and safety leave , at least at VA, hasn’t been authorized yet widespread in NE. What I don’t know is if decisions are being made agency wide or based on location, so NE may be different than some other area.

I talked to the Phoenix RO two days ago and they said they are still going to work, processing claims, etc. They just dont allow anyone in the building if they don't work there, to include suspending teleconference hearings. 

• HadIt.com Elder

brokensoldier244th

WISHING YOU THE BEST ON THE 30TH

What are your job duties at the R.0.?   >if you don't mind saying

JUST CURIOUS