• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Where Veterans included in the stimulus plan?

• HadIt.com Elder
Posted (edited)

Until the full text is released and people fully sift through it, this might be the best speculative info at this time.

Here's a link to estimate how much of a stimulus you might get. You'll need your 2018 or 2019 (if you filed already) Federal tax forms. It is apparently based on your adjusted gross income.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/

Here are a few key questions in this topic that they provided speculative answers. Other questions/answers are on the above link.

What about people on Social Security? People on Social Security are eligible to receive the coronavirus relief payment as long as their total income does not exceed the limit. Low-income Americans on Social Security do not need to file a tax return. As long as they received an SSA-1099 form (the Social Security benefit statement), the federal government will be able to send them a payment via the usual way they get their Social Security payment. Retirees and people on disability are both eligible for the special payment.

Are the checks taxable? No, they are not taxable. The only catch is that technically a person’s 2020 income is what qualifies them for the payment. Since no one knows their total 2020 income yet, the government is using tax returns from 2019 and 2018 to figure out who qualifies for a check. It is possible that someone may have to pay back some of the money if his or her income this year turns out to be significantly more than it was in 2019 or 2018. That’s expected to be a relatively small share of people, and the money would not have to be paid back until April 15, 2021.

Edited by Vync
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had read the Senate was considering an extra $200 a month in the checks of SSA, SSI, and veteran disability. The $200 would have lasted into the end of 2021. Has anybody heard anything?

I feel like I xxxxxx myself this year as I didn’t feel like waiting for my form from SSA to file tax returns my wife got here’s i filed first week of January. I did the same thing last year idiot I am I thought ssdi was only to file in state taxes I recieved a notice I owe from 2018 luckily I had it saved so I paid it I’m sure I’ll get the same notice next year. I’m not like most I usually plan for the worst, and I usually recieve the worse so no harm no foul.....

jfrei

Don't kick yourself too hard. I've seen recommendations that encourage an earlier than later filing of taxes. Experts say you are much more likely to have your tax refund submitted by someone else the longer you wait to send in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yesterday a Forbes site said SSA and VA vets will receive the stimulus :

"What about retired folks? Retired seniors are eligible.

What about those on government benefits? And those with no income? Yes, eligible folks include those with no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from non-taxable means-tested benefit programs, such as SSI benefits. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2020/03/25/all-you-wanted-to-know-about-those-tax-stimulus-checks-but-were-afraid-to-ask/#2fa6eba71f9c

bu maybe this is the best info I got"

"News 13 learned more from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr's office after the U.S. Senate approved the measure Wednesday night. The CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act will distribute up to $1,200 to individuals, $2,400 to married couples and $500 per child. It also includes American retirees who receive Social Security or disability benefits. Singles who make more than than $75,000 and couples who make more than $150,000 don't qualify for the immediate relief payment, but later could receive a tax credit. "

I got  this from Ray B. Davis:

And got this today:

In part:

"AARP worked to ensure that individuals who are collecting Social Security benefits for retirement, disability or Supplemental Security Income will be eligible for the stimulus checks, based on their tax returns or Social Security Administration data. AARP successfully fought to guarantee that low-income Social Security recipients would receive the full $1,200 check, not $600 as originally proposed.

The Senate bill does not set a date for when the checks would start to go out, saying only that the Treasury secretary would send the payments “as rapidly as possible.” The money could be sent either by mail or direct deposit."

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html

All the VAOLA I have dealt with for decades, gave me VAOLA  paranoia-🥴

I never seem to believe positive news like this ,that might help vets and seniors.

But it seems to be TRUE!