VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQs No Longer Available Online

Rate this question

JustGettingStarted

Question

VA has removed all the DBQs from their website with this statement at the end of the page:  "VBA has discontinued the use of public facing Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs).  Originally, public facing DBQs were designed to assist Veterans living overseas to obtain medical evidence in support of their benefit claims where limited options were available.  Today, VA works with contracted providers in more than 30 foreign countries to conduct disability medical examinations."

I monitor a Veteran's facebook page and often refer veterans to the DBQs for their conditions.  In some cases, it is to download and have their doctor fill out a copy; in others, it is so a veteran can fill out the DBQ and take it to their C&P exam to make sure all the facts essential to their claim are covered by the examiner.  I had my dermatologist do a DBQ for me after fighting the VA for almost 2 years for an increase because the VA examiners couldn't complete a simple form.  It was the key to getting an increase from 0 to 60% for a skin condition and winning a CUE to get 8 years in back pay.

This is an affront to the veteran community making it much more difficult for veterans to win their claims.  

I am wondering if the DBQs can be requested under FOIA and posted on some other pages such as here on Hadit.  I know it is more work for the admins, but if someone had the time to take this on and provide this vital information to veterans, it would be extremely helpful.

Also, if you could start a new thread just for DBQs, I have blank copies in PDF format that I would be glad to upload.  I figure even if they become a bit outdated, they would be better than have zero access to this information.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_disabilityexams.asp

49 minutes ago, pete992 said:

The reason I asked this question is due to the fact that it should not pertain to all DBQs.  Some veterans actually have their private treating physician fill out and sign their DBQs. As long as the DBQs is properly filled out and signed by a treating physician then this should not be a problem but VA could challenge any DBQs 

I asked a buddy of mine who still works at the VA about this and he said certain DBQs weren't being accepted but he didn't elaborate.  

Also, I wonder if some benefits will be severed if claims were granted based on the fraudulent DBQs.  Will the VA spend the resources it would take to review these claims?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Late last week, I called the WH VA Hotline and put in an executive complaint about the DBQ's being made internal only.

Just got a useless rubber-stamp email response from the VA:

The White House Hotline has referred your inquiry to our office, the Veterans Benefit Administration Office of Client Relations (VBAOCR).  We have received your inquiry and we provide the following information:

We encourage all Veterans to work with an accredited organization for assistance in completing claims for VA benefits.  A list of accredited organizations can be found on the Office of General Counsel site:  Search the VA Office of the General Counsel’s list.

VBA has discontinued the use of public facing Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs).  Originally, public facing DBQs were designed to assist Veterans living overseas to obtain medical evidence in support of their benefit claims where limited options were available.  Today, VA works with contracted providers in more than 30 foreign countries to conduct disability medical examinations.

We thank you for your patience and your service.

If you have further questions, our Agents are able at 1-800-827-1000 to assist you between the hours of 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

VBA Office of Client Relations
Office of Field Operations

I guess my topic "ABC's of DBQ's" topic was a little premature.

So, with a fraud rate that high, I can imagine the extra hoops a claim is going to go through when a Veteran uses an "out of town" doc to do his/her exam.

The VA wants the Veteran to use an accredited doc/service off their list.  

So now they got their fingers in the test taker and the test scorer.  Can't see nothing going wrong with that scenario.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing like changing the rules when you're losing!!!

It just got a lot harder boys and girls. Sure doesn't help the VA 's ongoing struggle to improve their public image.