VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not taking any Appointments at my VAMC!!!

Rate this topic

Is anyone here using VA TeleHealth?

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/va-sees-surge-veterans-use-telehealth-services

https://telehealth.va.gov/

My own non VA doctors are using telemedicine.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Berta, Im not currently using telehealth, but I would certainly try it if I knew exactly how.  I will follow your link, Im not sure whether or not its available at my VAMC.    Thank you for that information.  Since I see how this could be a great service to some Veterans, I would humbly suggest you do a new post so that others can easily find it.  Or I may, instead.  

Edited by broncovet

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Berta I used telehealth for a couple of visits last year. Before the appointment, I called the telehealth support number they gave me to help get everything setup. It was a regular appointment aside from not being able to do the physical part of the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the va called this am and cancel my MH appointment at 11:00 am  they said I can come to the ER if emergency? 

Well I have a issue with fluid  or a mass of some sort, its not painful  but it does bother me to walk and just move around...but its not painful  I don't know what to do? I was going to VA E.R. TODAY After my MH Appointment  for this.

I did a telehealth conference with one of the VA MH physiatrist about 4 months ago when all the Dr's were out sick  &most of the others were with veterans ,they put me in a room with a monitor and I did it there about 20/30 minutes.

They did mention telehealth with my therapist  if she calls?  that's the only way I can do the telehealth   she has to initiate the call and I follow her instructions.  we do it on my lap top and hers  they said she is working from her home the next 2 weeks.

I may go on to my E.R. and just see what they say? its over 50 miles but at least I may find out something?  this maybe something serious and needs to be seen to?

Good Luck Everyone with your healthcare  especially during this pandemic outbreak. 

Buck, have you tried to call telephone care at the VAMC?  They will advise you what to do and even recommend a local doctor for emergency.

Edited by pete992

• HadIt.com Elder

pete992

you should be able to call your VA PHARMACY AND REQUEST THE MEDICATIONS YOU NEED, LET THEM KNOW WHAT THE DRUG px#is on your bottle  & name of the px and they should send it out to you asap.