VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Didn't Know Where To Ask This Question

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

This question is NOT a VA matter.

It pertains to an error on my DD214 indicating an incorrect "spin" code.

I recently found out that my JPB code means I was separated from service for drug use.

There is no evidence at all indicating any drug use in my military records and constitutes a falsification of my honorable military service record.

I also found a CDAAC report in my claims file where a counselor at my duty station falsely reported that, prior to my enlistment, I had three criminal convictions and had been incarcerated for (3) three years.

I HAD NONE OF THE ABOVE.

I entered the Army as a 22 year old college graduate with no convictions, not even misdemeanors.

I want my DD214 corrected... but I don't know where to start.

After all these years, I learn that the Army "blacklisted" me with a code which would hinder potential employment opportunities after my ETS.

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Being rated at 100%, I don't think this code has damage your records at all due to the fact that VA did grant you service connection.  With all that said, you would have to go about changing your discharge and or your DD 214. You would need to fill out a DD 149 or a DD form 293 and submit it or them to MILITARY RECORDS.  It could take up to about a year or so, adding my Meritorious Medals took about a year.  You can pull these forms up online, fill them out and then send them to the correct branch.

Ok pete.

I'm aware that this isn't a VA compensation matter, but thanks.

I'm going to send whoever I need to send it to, the DoD Form 149.

I agree with Pete, he has given good advice.  "If I recall" correctly, it seems like NVLSP will represent you correcting records at no cost.  Im not sure if it has any thing to do with a DD214, I do know NVLSP requires a DD214, I dont know if they can get it corrected or not.  

You can contact them and ask.  https://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/lawyers-serving-warriors/board-for-correction-of-military-records-bcmr/

Im "virtually certain" NVLSP does not charge Veterans for its services.