VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The letter finally arrived!

Rate this topic

bellrungboxer

Yes, I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again. Frankly, I credit this board with much of the success that I had with my original claim that got me 90%. But, as I'm aging now, my injuries are really making daily life tough from a physical point of view. I had no idea of what an explosion can do to your body and mind, especially as those injuries respond to this older body of mine.

17 minutes ago, rootbeer22 said:

Congrats on the bump:

As waiting is such a tough part of the entire process and it can be grueling at times. As many know even if you have good evidence sometimes, you may not get the win and sometimes spend years battling the process. I have not been on Hadit.Com for years because I've had a lot going on in my life. But veterans helping veterans is wonderful and what we should be doing as we all share similar bonds. I don't know how this new process is working with lanes and such but I'm going to try and learn more about it and if it's really helping veterans to get their claims adjudicated faster and clearing up some of the bureaucracy that we used to have to endure?

Rootbeer22, how much of that Rootbeer have you been drinking? Is it Rootbeer or just Beer?  Since you are rated at 90% you should know that VA has been doing this for decades and when they cheat, steal, rob, and lie to veterans,  their family, congress and even the white house representatives, and they will lie to you. The only new thing under the sun is the ways VA comes up with denying, deferring , and remanding claim and appeals.

Sorry for being negative, it is what it is.

Edited by pete992

7 minutes ago, rootbeer22 said:

Yes, I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again. Frankly, I credit this board with much of the success that I had with my original claim that got me 90%. But, as I'm aging now, my injuries are really making daily life tough from a physical point of view. I had no idea of what an explosion can do to your body and mind, especially as those injuries respond to this older body of mine.

You do know that 90% that you are rated depending on your breakdown will need another 40% just to grant you 100% scheduler right?

The combined rating chart has not change.

Edited by pete992

2 hours ago, rootbeer22 said:

I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again.

I have been fortunate to have only been climbing that last 10% for three years. I have pushed VA doctors to correct patient treatment notes in myhealthevet, been sure to explain my symptoms to them in rater's terms, and I've been relentless at using every test or procedure available through the VA to document the ailments and I still have three more claims to continue to fight on. I would encourage you to make a move up the mountain, especially if you are having conditions worsen as time goes on. 

The claims and appeals process has sped up, but just because the shade of lipstick became more appealing doesn't change the fact that it's an ugly pig wearing it. Getting denials sooner than before doesn't make you happy, but if we attack them with their own playbook, you increase your odds of catching them with their pants down. The claim that put me to 100% was a 30% migraines claim that I put in for an increase to 50%. Instead, they dropped me to 0%. 

But by doing some reading on here, scouring through my health records, and putting my VA doc on the spot with a DBQ in hand, I gave a reversal a shot in January and it just now paid off. 

@rootbeer22, I hope you give it another go and let us come along for the ride

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use