Jump to content


  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

    questions-001@3x.png

    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
     
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

The letter finally arrived!


Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
43 minutes ago, bellrungboxer said:

 

Now I just have to figure out the additional bennies outside of the increase...

Nice problem to have bellrungboxer!!

Congrats!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been fortunate to have only been climbing that last 10% for three years. I have pushed VA doctors to correct patient treatment notes in myhealthevet, been sure to explain my symptoms to them in

Congrats on the bump: As waiting is such a tough part of the entire process and it can be grueling at times. As many know even if you have good evidence sometimes, you may not get the win and som

After checking the mail religiously for weeks...I finally got the letter bumping me up from 90% to 100% P&T! I still have more claims to fight for, but this is such a relief to finally have this m

Posted Images

Yes, I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again. Frankly, I credit this board with much of the success that I had with my original claim that got me 90%. But, as I'm aging now, my injuries are really making daily life tough from a physical point of view. I had no idea of what an explosion can do to your body and mind, especially as those injuries respond to this older body of mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rootbeer22 said:

Congrats on the bump:

As waiting is such a tough part of the entire process and it can be grueling at times. As many know even if you have good evidence sometimes, you may not get the win and sometimes spend years battling the process. I have not been on Hadit.Com for years because I've had a lot going on in my life. But veterans helping veterans is wonderful and what we should be doing as we all share similar bonds. I don't know how this new process is working with lanes and such but I'm going to try and learn more about it and if it's really helping veterans to get their claims adjudicated faster and clearing up some of the bureaucracy that we used to have to endure?

Rootbeer22, how much of that Rootbeer have you been drinking? Is it Rootbeer or just Beer?  Since you are rated at 90% you should know that VA has been doing this for decades and when they cheat, steal, rob, and lie to veterans,  their family, congress and even the white house representatives, and they will lie to you. The only new thing under the sun is the ways VA comes up with denying, deferring , and remanding claim and appeals.

Sorry for being negative, it is what it is.

Edited by pete992
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rootbeer22 said:

Yes, I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again. Frankly, I credit this board with much of the success that I had with my original claim that got me 90%. But, as I'm aging now, my injuries are really making daily life tough from a physical point of view. I had no idea of what an explosion can do to your body and mind, especially as those injuries respond to this older body of mine.

You do know that 90% that you are rated depending on your breakdown will need another 40% just to grant you 100% scheduler right?

The combined rating chart has not change.

Edited by pete992
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rootbeer22 said:

I've been at 90% for a while and have been thinking about trying to "push up the mountain" for the other 10%? I was pretty close but did not want to endure going through the process again with all of the waiting and  pain. But now that there's a new system maybe I'll try it? I have to do some research on the VA Claims Modernization Act to see if it's actually helping or hurting veterans that have been submitting claims since I left the board? Before, I left I had a about 4 claims that got denied even with good evidence but just did not want to go through the pain again.

I have been fortunate to have only been climbing that last 10% for three years. I have pushed VA doctors to correct patient treatment notes in myhealthevet, been sure to explain my symptoms to them in rater's terms, and I've been relentless at using every test or procedure available through the VA to document the ailments and I still have three more claims to continue to fight on. I would encourage you to make a move up the mountain, especially if you are having conditions worsen as time goes on. 

The claims and appeals process has sped up, but just because the shade of lipstick became more appealing doesn't change the fact that it's an ugly pig wearing it. Getting denials sooner than before doesn't make you happy, but if we attack them with their own playbook, you increase your odds of catching them with their pants down. The claim that put me to 100% was a 30% migraines claim that I put in for an increase to 50%. Instead, they dropped me to 0%. 

But by doing some reading on here, scouring through my health records, and putting my VA doc on the spot with a DBQ in hand, I gave a reversal a shot in January and it just now paid off. 

@rootbeer22, I hope you give it another go and let us come along for the ride

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Ads

  • Ads

  • Ads

  • Our picks

    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

      I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

      My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

      Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
        • Like
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

      VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

      Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

      You all made that possible. Thank you.
        • Like
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

  • Popular Contributors

  • Ad

  • Latest News
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines