VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA home loans and Appraisals

Wasn’t sure where to ask this question. 
we have been hit 3 times by low appraisals. This last one, same property different kind of house. Appraiser hit us at $100,000 off.  Last year, same property, different house, only $20,000. Loan amount is not much different. 
This will be new construction, MODULAR, home, on land in Texas. 
The comps, I am told she used were mobile homes, older, and on smaller acreage. When our lender sent in more comparable properties, as modular homes are not to be appraised the same as mobile and manufactured homes, she refused to budge. There is clear and defined error in the information used. 
How, do they expect anyone to buy using our VA benefits if they keep low balling us. My husband and I are both vets. This is very disheartening. 

Edited by MMTOTZ
Spell

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my son was primed to buy a mobile home on land about 3 months ago.  Their financing didnt go through.  

Instead, they bought a real home and its much better after all.  For them, the result was they got into a much better home, better deal.  

This has happend to me a lot.  Just when I wanted something and a door was closed, another one went open which was better.  

Many, many, years ago my fiance called the wedding off and married someone else.  I thought it was the end of the world.  My pastor friend told me it is "always the darkest just before dawn".  

It was.  My wife is a great woman, and the old fiance..not so much.  I found out she was a "hoarder", and moved out of her home, because it was so badly "junked up".  Wow, am I glad I didnt "go there".  Sometimes God has our backs.  What we often view as an extreme irritation, turns out to be a great blessing.  

I agree, there are many reasons for the way things turn out. One can either dwell and live on the negative or learn and move on to better things. 

Everything that happens is a stepping stone, an opportunity. 

We actually have tried with an existing home, new construction on a custom home, and now the modular, as they grow in equity the same as site built homes. Every time, we have been met with very low appraisals. 

In the end, if this is the route we are not to take at this moment, it is not meant to be.  Just wondering if anyone else had run into the same situation. 

I truly appreciate it. We are building a new life,  leaving behind our past individual struggles , bringing together our kids, continuing in our new careers, and a new town. There will always be hiccups. We are blessed everyday for new beginnings.