VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Whats your experience with higher level review?

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

Just filed a Higher level review 3/12/2020 with a decision denial with clear evidence and all things needed per cfr 38 for mental health. I am wondering anyone else who has used this route and had look or insight? Time frame? Good experience? My vso said a cue can take a year or so and it's not worth that route, so we just did a HLR with no new evidence and showed them where they were wrong on their OPINIONATED decision. Thanks for your time.  

On 4/20/2020 at 12:58 PM, Kuwaitin08 said:

I submitted an HLR for 5 things. 3 were ironclad cases and 2 were iffy. I won 3 of 5. I would highly recommend having your evidence in hand and your explanation prepared for when you get the call.

4 of the 5 claims were closed in 91 days and the final was remanded and was finally closed at 121 days.

I cant complain about my HLR. Only use the HLR if your evidence originally submitted is absolutely solid and leaves nothing to wonder.

Good luck!

Good info, thanks! My initial claim is solid and all evidence needed for a case was presented, but the employee let their opinion decide rather than the facts. Thanks again. 

4 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Good info, thanks! My initial claim is solid and all evidence needed for a case was presented, but the employee let their opinion decide rather than the facts. Thanks again. 

I wish you godspeed in your claim. If you are from Florida, I assume your claim was filed at the St. Petersburg RO.

If so, I share your pain. I cannot stand that RO.

13 hours ago, Hucast21 said:

I wish you godspeed in your claim. If you are from Florida, I assume your claim was filed at the St. Petersburg RO.

If so, I share your pain. I cannot stand that RO.

That would be correct. My HLR was filed March 12, 2020, but I looked up today and found that the average HLR timeline is 69 days. All evidence is there and clearly shows the requires are met according to the CFR. I'll be disappointed if this needs to go any further, but i wont be surprised. 

11 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

That would be correct. My HLR was filed March 12, 2020, but I looked up today and found that the average HLR timeline is 69 days. All evidence is there and clearly shows the requires are met according to the CFR. I'll be disappointed if this needs to go any further, but i wont be surprised. 

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Be prepared to take your claim to the BVA and seek representation if you are denied once again.

9 minutes ago, Hucast21 said:

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Be prepared to take your claim to the BVA and seek representation if you are denied once again.

Will do, thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

FlyBoyLeRoy 69 days is what HLR is taking on average now?  Wow, that's quite an improvement. I have one open and the standard quotes is that the average is 125 days. I hope you're right!