VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU question

Rate this question

BJohnson

Question

So I filed a claim for TDIU back in december. I was at 80% already and I was scheduled C&P exams for increase and today noticed that the claim is still in gathering evidence phase BUT my rating has increased to 90% and I received back pay for the increase. I just find it odd that they issued payment's before completing the claim. Is this because they are still considering me for TDIU? 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I

NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR CLAIM

I AM ONLY ASSUMING BUT THEY PAID YOU FOR THE INCREASE TO THE 90%  (LOOK CLOSELY ON THEM)

IF YOU CAN'T WORK  DUE TO YOUR SC DISABILITIES, THEY SHOULD HAVE USED THE 38 4.15(a) or 4.16(b) EXTRA SCHEDULER for entitlement to the IU

BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR AWARD PACKET YET?  ALL THIS COULD BE IN THERE.

SO  you just have to wait for the official decision IN THE PACKET or BBE

Right, the payments I received are definitely back pay for the increase to 90%. But yes, I have not received an award packet yet. The claim status on ebenefits is still showing that it's in the gathering evidence stage even though I can view the new award letter and have already been issued a payment.

• HadIt.com Elder

OK  THEN YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR YOUR OFFICIAL AWARD PACKE IN THE MAIL  TO SEE IF THEY AWARDED YOU THE IU  OR KEPT YOU AT THE 90% RATING...IF THEY DID KEEP YOU AT THE 90% RATING AND YOU CAN'T WORK DUE TO THIS S.C. DISABILITY   THEN APPEAL THIS DECISION.

BUT YOU NEED TO WAIT AND SEE IF THEY DID GRANT YOU THE IU.

I have seen VA do some crazy things.  I do agree with Buck, but what most veterans don't understand is when they file a claim for TDIU they are filing a claim for increase and VA will re-evaluate their disabilities and where possible, VA could grant an increase. Now the claim for TDIU is still pending and your decision letter should explain what VA did and what is the status of your TDIU.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, BJohnson said:

So I filed a claim for TDIU back in december. I was at 80% already and I was scheduled C&P exams for increase and today noticed that the claim is still in gathering evidence phase BUT my rating has increased to 90% and I received back pay for the increase. I just find it odd that they issued payment's before completing the claim. Is this because they are still considering me for TDIU? 

I was also given an increase while waiting for my TDIU decision. That came about 4 months after the increase. So hang in there.