VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The American Legion representative I've been working on my claim with is on forced leave due to the COVID lockdowns, but I just got the call to schedule my appointment and I don't know who to talk to

Rate this question

Endgame Thor

Question

I have found this forum today searching desperately for answers and help, and I'm hoping that some can be found here. I have been working with a representative from the American Legion to assist me in preparing and filing a service connection claim. We started last May (an intent to file was sent on May 17, 2019), and this week of all weeks I finally received a series of letters from the VA Intake office saying my claim was being worked on and that I would be getting a call from a local doctor to schedule my C&P exam. The rep I have been working with told me to call him (or see him at his office) when I got this information, but his office is closed for another week at least (automated voicemail and email responses say through Apr 6) and I am very concerned about what is happening. The rep had mentioned the name of a local physician as who most everyone he has worked with in the past was sent to, but I just this morning got a call from Logistics Health Incorporated and the reviews I found for them online are varied from awful experiences to good ones. I have no way to contact the one person who has been helping me navigate this process and I am very worried on how to proceed. My primary claim is Anxiety/Panic Disorder (it has become so severe that I have been put on ADA Medical Leave from my part time job and my university professors/staff are working with me through their version of a disability office to provide accommodations to help me try to finish this term). I have been on that ADA Leave since Nov 17, 2019 and it is currently slated to last until May 17, 2020. Due to the nature of my primary issue, I have been unable to sleep recently trying to figure out what to do as I can not access the resource I had come to rely on over the last nearly one year. I have several claims being made other than just the Anxiety/Panic Disorder and can elaborate if someone needs that information to help, but frankly I'm terrified to call this large impersonal corporation to schedule a C&P when I had been expecting to work with a local physician.

EDIT: I just received a Voicemail from LHI, and they have already scheduled an appointment for me for Mon 4/13. One of the primary issues of my Anxiety/Panic Disorder is that I am unable to travel long distances (anything out of my own city, and even long distance within town is problematic even with medication). In light of this, we had submitted along with our filings a request to have an appointment scheduled within my own city, but the appointment was made for me at an office in a city more than 30 minutes away, a trip I can not make. 

Edited by Endgame Thor
Additional new information

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Ditto for my VAMC, buck.  "Even if" we are sick with corona virus, my doctor TODAY explained that if I am sick I need to call this special number:  Its basically the triage nurse.  

The triage nurse then can ask me questions and determine if an ambulance, or what else she thinks is necessary.  By just showing up, there are likely going to be people there who try to help you but could become infected if you had/have the virus.  

Therefore, they want time to prepare you for a trip to the hospital.  We dont need our nurses and doctors infected, and Im sure they dont want to be either.  This way, they can put on protective gowns, masks, etc., so that you and others, including medical staff, are protected.  

I had a somewhat similar issue in the last couple of months.QTC called me about an exam they had scheduled, but I was not in the area. I called them and they tried to schedule me in the area I was at. That wasn't working out and I told them so. I called VA and told them. I was later contacted by VES and they eventually  scheduled me appointments I could make. There were several calls to VA with the attached aggravation and ignorance. One of the VA people told me if I couldn't make the appointment it would just be rescheduled. She was pretty ignorant of how the VA works. I would be very prepared for the aggravation this could cause. It certainly got on my last nerve.