VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ODD VA change in claims ??

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.stripes.com/vfw-argues-abrupt-va-change-will-erode-veterans-right-to-competent-representation-in-benefits-fights-1.624505?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Stars+and+Stripes+Emails&utm_campaign=Veterans+News

I didnt even now VSOS were really checking for errors before final  decisions are made......

In part:

“The VA is shifting the burden to veterans to discover its errors,” he said.

VFW National Commander William Schmitz argued it was an “inconceivable” change that would erode veterans’ right to competent representation in benefits claims. The group also questioned the timing of the change, which will be implemented as the country — and the Veterans Health Administration — responds to the global coronavirus pandemic."

I feel it has ALWAYS been our burden, as claimants, to discover their errors.

My former state reps didn't even know what a CUE was.

The HLRs are seeking errors,as some members have told us here, but how many do they let slip by??????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

I’m glad the DBqs are going away. The reasoning behind it because of updating the site taking a year is legit (based on my knowledge of having updating enterprise sized websites), and shutting down the drive by DBQ business is something I’ve wanted to see done for years. If it was big enough to go to the OIG then it’s a bigger deal than a few claims here or there.