VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

va.gov appeals missing...

Rate this question

Jamezam

Question

When a claim is denied and you file a NOD, why is it, the appeal(s) does not show up in va.gov? I'm not talking about how long the appeal process takes, I'm talking about NOT being able to see an acknowledgment from va.gov/VARO that they've received your appeal(s). Yes, I always mail VA stuff priority mail with signature request.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

How long has it been since you filed the NOD?  It can take a month or more to show up in ebenefits/VA.gov.  It could show up there, soon.  If it does not, you should get to the bottom of why.  VA loves to lose stuff, and some of their favorite stuff to lose is our NODs.  

I suggest you try "other methods" such as check with your VSO, call Peggy, send an IRIS email, etc., if its been over a month since you mailed the NOD.  With Covirus, it may take longer, I dont even know if the evidence intake center is open.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Until this Coronavirus drifts out to sea SOON

The VA and the processing of claims  even healthcare is going to be slow,  were not suppose to even go to the VAMC unless emergency.  regular appointments are going to phonic  and virtual conferences  if the veteran has access to computer /smart phone IPAD  ect,,ect,,

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Thank broncovet, the VA received my NOD on January 31, 2020. Although IRIS and Peggy are pretty much worthless, maybe, just maybe they can tell me why it's not showing up on va.gov. LOL Yeah right. I'd lay down money that the IRIS/Peggy answer will be "We show we received your NOD on 1/31/2020 and it takes time to show up on va.gov."

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Buck52, I'd thought I'd read that all VARO's are closed because of COVID-19.