VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Needing DBQS

Rate this question

Devildoc2448

Question

Since the DBQs have been removed from the va.gov site I’m needing a couple for private doctors. I don’t know if all private doctors have access to DBQs. I can’t view the complete DBQs on the couple of sites people have posted. All the DBQs I view are only showing the first page only. I’ve been trying to get them with my iPhone, so I don’t know if thats why I’m only seeing the first page. 
If someone could email me DBQs for migraines, depression, (not the PTSD one) and sleep apnea  I would appreciate it. Maybe someone could post them here and I could copy or PM me  Thanks. 

Edited by Amanda
Removed private email address.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Due to the fact that VA claimed that some DBQs were/are fraudulent, VA removed the private DBQs from the public and they are hard to find and discontinued.   They are requesting veterans to:

How To Submit Private Medical Evidence for Your VA Claim

Talk to your healthcare provider (family physician, urgent care visits, any Tricare-covered treatment after discharge) and explain that you are filing a claim for VA benefits; discuss the conditions for which you are filing a claim.

• If required, complete your healthcare provider’s release of information form, obtain your records, and submit with your claim, OR
  • Complete VA Form 21-4142, Authorization to Disclose Information to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and VA For 21-4142a, General Release for Medical Provider Information to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA); submit completed forms with your claim and VA will attempt to obtain your records through our Private Medical Records contract. VA Forms 21-4142 and 21-4142a are used in conjunction with each other and both forms must be completed in order to obtain treatment records.

50+ percent were fraudulent or improperly done, or not supported by evidence, in the research pool that OIG investigated. If the private medical records are complete enough you can probably get an ACE exam rather than a C&P. ACE is where they just review the records that they have if they are complete enough, and rate from there. 

DBQs for now are still being accepted from private but over time the inability to get the correct form after updates will be an issue. Still, DBQs are still useful even of outdated for showing what to expect in an exam. Private does not have access to VBMS to pull exam requests or see DBQs only contractors and vendors that are certified by VA. Private maybe able to get on the list but I have no idea what that process is, and it would be for any veteran in the area not just for 'you', so many private don't- they have enough to do on their own without doing C & Ps too.