VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Desperate Veteran

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am trying to help this Veteran he is only 10% but not sure his exact story it is confusing. This is his post if anyone can offer advice or help. Thank You.

Robert Guinn
2 hrs · 

——-> IM CONFUSED <——-
THE VA TOOK MY 100% PENISON IN ORDER TO
SEND ME A SMALL BOTTLE OF PILLS 💊 3 TIMES
THIS WEEK IN A BAG THAT CAN HOLD MANY BIG
BOTTLES-SO I CANT PAY MY BILLS-EAT-ETC-ETC
ETC ETC-SO I WENT TO A WAR FOR WHAT-SO I
CAN BE REMINDED THAT BIG BAGS ARE MORE
IMPORTANT THAN THE VERY FOOD I EAT
———> IM CONFUSED <———
IM 71-A STROKE VICTIM-WHEELCHAIR BOUND
CANT WORK-NOW NO INCOME-8 PILLS 💊 IN
THE MORNING AND 7 AT NIGHT TO STAY ALIVE
WITH BILLS -CREDIT CARD DEBT-FOOD NEEDED
MARRIED TO A WONDERFUL LADY WHO NOW
HAS TO WORK OVER 70 HRS A WEEK AT AGE 67
JUST SO WE DONT GET PUT ON THE STREET
FOR WHAT
SO I CAN HAVE NO INCOME-NO FOOD-NO LIFE
FOR BIG BAGS
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU LOST YOUR
INCOME AT AGE 71-YOUR WAY OF LIFE-YOUR
“ EVERYTHING “

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Something is not right here.  However, this Veteran admitted he was a stroke victim, so that is not suprising that he is confused.  

My advice:

Have the Veteran go to his local VAMC, and see his prime care doc.  Ask the prime care doc to prescribe these pills, take the bottle with the Veteran to show his doctor, so the correct drug and dosage can be given.  These pills should be free at the VAMC if this Veteran is low income.  He "may" need to go to the "means" office at VA, and give them the information about his income.  If his income qualifies, the pills should be free.  

While he is at the VAMC, he could/should stop in and see a VSO (Veterans service officer) who can help him apply for additional SC benefits, and probably increase his rating, maybe even get some retro money.  Ask for a VSO "with VBMS access" so he can see "why" the Veterans pension was "taken".  

Veterans pension is based on needs, with an income "limit" of around 14,000 per year, where they would likely deduct any money his wife made from that 14,000.  To get past this, he should apply for compensation if any of his conditions are, or can be, service connected.  This is the most likely reason his pension was "taken"...because he had too much household income with his wife working.  

But he should get pills for free, and he can apply for SC comepenstion where his wifes income "wont" be deducted from his check.  Also, possible is to apply for social security..he can get that and sc compensation as well.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

''THE VA TOOK MY 100% PENISON IN ORDER TO
BOTTLES-SO''

If the VA took is pension away  or compensation?.we need more info  to help,  we need a starting place.

As for as his meds   like brocovet mention take him to the VAMC and if he can remember his ss # or claim #  they can look on the computer and see what all he needs to take  and maybe recheck him out by his Dr or a Dr than can check him out.

or if your his friend  &  you can take him  but  please call the VA first ,They are only taking veterans with emergency   in this case tell them it is an emergency.

They are not seeing veteran due to the coronavirus self distancing stay at home order .

but will see veterans in an emergency  this sounds like a  mental  health emergency.  I'd Take him ASAP

16 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Something is not right here.  However, this Veteran admitted he was a stroke victim, so that is not suprising that he is confused.  

My advice:

Have the Veteran go to his local VAMC, and see his prime care doc.  Ask the prime care doc to prescribe these pills, take the bottle with the Veteran to show his doctor, so the correct drug and dosage can be given.  These pills should be free at the VAMC if this Veteran is low income.  He "may" need to go to the "means" office at VA, and give them the information about his income.  If his income qualifies, the pills should be free.  

While he is at the VAMC, he could/should stop in and see a VSO (Veterans service officer) who can help him apply for additional SC benefits, and probably increase his rating, maybe even get some retro money.  Ask for a VSO "with VBMS access" so he can see "why" the Veterans pension was "taken".  

Veterans pension is based on needs, with an income "limit" of around 14,000 per year, where they would likely deduct any money his wife made from that 14,000.  To get past this, he should apply for compensation if any of his conditions are, or can be, service connected.  This is the most likely reason his pension was "taken"...because he had too much household income with his wife working.  

But he should get pills for free, and he can apply for SC comepenstion where his wifes income "wont" be deducted from his check.  Also, possible is to apply for social security..he can get that and sc compensation as well.  

Bronco I thank you for the advice. I am attempting to help him I am not local to him I at times meet other vets on Facebook in which I try to assist and help. I am getting mixed messages from him so hard to understand his situation. I give him advice but he does not take it much of the time.

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

''THE VA TOOK MY 100% PENISON IN ORDER TO
BOTTLES-SO''

If the VA took is pension away  or compensation?.we need more info  to help,  we need a starting place.

As for as his meds   like brocovet mention take him to the VAMC and if he can remember his ss # or claim #  they can look on the computer and see what all he needs to take  and maybe recheck him out by his Dr or a Dr than can check him out.

or if your his friend  &  you can take him  but  please call the VA first ,They are only taking veterans with emergency   in this case tell them it is an emergency.

They are not seeing veteran due to the coronavirus self distancing stay at home order .

but will see veterans in an emergency  this sounds like a  mental  health emergency.  I'd Take him ASAP

Buck thank you for the advice. I am not local to him. I only know him from Facebook. I have tried to assist him by filing more claims and also going to his local VA to see a VSO but he never takes the advice. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh ok  Well if you can talk to his wife maybe you can let her know she really needs to take him to the VAMC.

The VA May not have took his 100% pension away, ?

he needs help mentally and only his wife can help him , ask his wife to call the PTSD Hotline # Call 1-800-273-8255
Press "1    

They can send someone out that will hopefully ask him some questions and maybe examine him or evaluate him and make a decision rather or not he needs to go get help?..,..if he has PTSD  then I think the Dr's can have him put in the hospital.

Dont fault yourself if you give people great advice and they dont take it.  Remember, at least part of the reason people are in dire circumstances is often because of one or more poor choices.  

Often people dont take my advice, then, after they get a poor result they try to blame me.  I dont expect everyone to take my advice.goodness we dont need any more people like me, "one" is all the world can handle of me.  So, I dont expect everyone to behave just like me.  I thank God made "everyone" not like me.  As an example, I really dont like being a waiter.  

But, I love that people do choose a career as a waiter, or a cab driver, or anything.  I like eating out, sometimes (but I cant now with corona virus).  And Im glad we have waiters, and cooks..cab drivers.  But I wouldnt make a good one of those.  Its not my cup of tea.  They made different choices and I am not going to fault others on their career choices.  Im also glad they dont have the same taste in women as I do, there is only one like my wife, and not enough like my wife to go around for the other 4 billion or so men.  Some of those are married and very happy with their wife.  Im glad.  But, Im glad they didnt choose my wife, and chose someone else, because that could cause a problem.  IN short, I know everyone does not think like I do, and Im very glad of that much of the time. 

It may be too big of a task for you to help him on facebook...its good that you want to..but it may be more productive for you to help people on hadit..that ask for advice..rather than get someone from facebook.  Suggest he ask his own questions here on hadit..he is likely to get multiple answers here, and at least one of them may be just what he needs.  

Edited by broncovet