VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD SOC AVAILABILITY

Rate this question

Galen Rogers

Question

Howdy All,

Just checked VA.gov and the VA has issued a Statement of the Case (SOC) on my NODs submitted last June 2019. The boiler plate state is as follows: "The Veterans Benefits Administration sent you a Statement of the Case on April 9, 2020. The Statement of the Case explains the reasons why they couldn’t fully grant your appeal."  eBenefits shows no changes in my granted disabilities yet so no idea if anything was granted or not. The problem is that I am in the Philippines and can't get any mail from the US due to the COVID-19 shut down over here. I have my mail sent to my FPO mail box at the Manila RAO but the US Embassy and the RAO are all closed to comply with the shut down. I emailed my VSO (SD state Vet Office) and asked if she could send me an electronic copy via email. Can VSOs down load a copy from the VA's system to do that or would that violate VA rules?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks broncovet. I spoke to my VSO on Monday morning. She said she would get me a copy and email it to me some time during the day. Unfortunately that did not happen. She had just started working from home so it is possible she might have some technical issues. But an email stating such would have been nice. I really try and always look at things with the "glass half full" attitude. Unfortunately it is really hard to do that when dealing with VSOs. I am on my 4th and they all seem to have the same approach. Make the vet continuously beg for their assistance. I also spoke to VA via their toll free number. They can't email me the letter or tell me what it says. They did say that after 10 days if I have not received it they can fax it to me if I have a fax number. I do but hopefully that won't be necessary.  

Howdy All,

Mostly good news. My VSO emailed me the SOC. But when she logged into VBMS she also found a rating decision letter. Basically they approved everything on my NODs except the challenged effective date for my OSA. They did not increase my existing 10% rating for each knee due to my meniscus being ruptured in both but they actually added a separate  rating for each knee for instability so I effectively got my increase. They even granted my bilateral upper radiculopathy that they originally said I had to file a new claim for. The RO on the decision stated it was in fact a CUE and approved it. The decision letter rates me at 100% now with an effective date of the original claim (29/Dec/2017). So now I have submit my VA Form 10182 and check  box 11b so I can submit additional evidence. I will probably hire a lawyer for this one or at least have them take a look. So overall can't really complain. Everyone thanks for the advice and comments.

Edited by Galen Rogers
Added additional info