VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question to forum members who have a high percentage disability rating (80% or more)

Rate this topic

Hucast21

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree most of us on VA /SSI  Don't make what we could have working, I wish the VA would pay  us 100%  at least the national average income.

As it is we make ends meet on my VA /SS Disability.

11 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I agree most of us on VA /SSI  Don't make what we could have working, I wish the VA would pay  us 100%  at least the national average income.

As it is we make ends meet on my VA /SS Disability.

I agree with that.

On a side note, I talked to a representative for my attorney and found out the reason why I did not have to pay for the IME w/IMO out of pocket is because the attorney feels my claim is very strong.

That little bit of info gives me hope to keep on fighting.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hucast21 we all are pulling for you to get P&T. Hopefully you will. The fact that your lawyer didn't ask for the IMO $ up front is a MAJOR boost to your chances. I'm sure you are aware that they don't take these claims expecting to lose; they take the sure ones!  Then, in time, you will get over the unfairness in life and what you were dealt. Maybe it will be religion, maybe your spouse and family, maybe it is just time that will heal. Whatever. But you never will be at peace until you learn to accept what has happened and move on. One of the things I have learned in life is you don't have to look very far to see someone a whole lot worse than you are. You'll make it. Keep the faith my friend.

1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Hucast21 we all are pulling for you to get P&T. Hopefully you will. The fact that your lawyer didn't ask for the IMO $ up front is a MAJOR boost to your chances. I'm sure you are aware that they don't take these claims expecting to lose; they take the sure ones!  Then, in time, you will get over the unfairness in life and what you were dealt. Maybe it will be religion, maybe your spouse and family, maybe it is just time that will heal. Whatever. But you never will be at peace until you learn to accept what has happened and move on. One of the things I have learned in life is you don't have to look very far to see someone a whole lot worse than you are. You'll make it. Keep the faith my friend.

I hope I get P&T, and yea, law firms do not take claims unless it is a slam dunk.

I even asked the representative if we can submit additional evidence for the BVA, like a vocational rehab letter, and he said that it is not needed. If we did though, he said it will add a delay.

In his words “we feel very confident that the BVA judge will look at all of the strong probative evidence and grant service-connection for your migraines, depression, and TDIU.”

I have to channel my inner Zen and distract myself in the meantime, while playing the VA’s waiting game.

As you can see a lot of us has turned to faith and religion for peace of mind and spirit.  You are here and your experience can help and encourage others.  When I was granted 100% P & T, it was a real let down. I had to realized that I would never work again and that was not in my plans. You have to find something to keep your mind.  Helping others is a great blessing but beware to help too much.  We still have to allow people to learn through their own experience.  Keep in mind that you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped or pull you down. Don't lend money that you are not prepared to never get back. Spending quality time with your family and helping them is something that time nor money can replace.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder
6 hours ago, Hucast21 said:

I hope I get P&T, and yea, law firms do not take claims unless it is a slam dunk.

I even asked the representative if we can submit additional evidence for the BVA, like a vocational rehab letter, and he said that it is not needed. If we did though, he said it will add a delay.

In his words “we feel very confident that the BVA judge will look at all of the strong probative evidence and grant service-connection for your migraines, depression, and TDIU.”

I have to channel my inner Zen and distract myself in the meantime, while playing the VA’s waiting game.

If your awarded IU  it depends on your severity of your  s.c.disability

if it shows not to improve in your life time  or its rated as chronic and NO future exams scheduled...if it is you should get P&T

if it don't you will likely get the IU with future exams scheduled.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use