VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wondering if TDIU was denied.

Rate this question

SC2003

Question

So after 5 months of claim being worked by VA and waiting on previous employer, there was a decision made today.  I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to find out if I received TDIU.  I do know that I did receive an increase of PTSD from 50% to 70%. My question is what happened to TDIU? I don't see anything about it on Ebenefits letter generator.  Does it take longer for that to show? Should it show up after a few days? Or does it mean I was denied?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, SC2003 said:

Was there a commissary/px letter accessible in the letter generator?  If not, you’ll need to wait for a hard copy of the claim to arrive at the house.  If it covers chapter 35 benefits with the packet. It’s certain that you were approved.  The next best thing is if it TDIU was deferred.  Good luck.

So after 5 months of claim being worked by VA and waiting on previous employer, there was a decision made today.  I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to find out if I received TDIU.  I do know that I did receive an increase of PTSD from 50% to 70%. My question is what happened to TDIU? I don't see anything about it on Ebenefits letter generator.  Does it take longer for that to show? Should it show up after a few days? Or does it mean I was denied?

You have 2 choices to find out:

1.  Call your VSO (or attorney) and ask him to check VBMS as this should be posted there before you receive it in the mail.  This includes non attorney practioner's if they have VBMS access.  

2.  Wait for the envelope.  

If you dont have a VSO or attorney, then you have only choice 2, as unrepresented Vets are not given access to their VBMS file.  

You have already done what I would suggest, which is check the letters in ebenefits.  

23 hours ago, MPsgt said:

No, there was no commissary/PX letter area that I was able to generate. I can only print a letter with my new percentage for PTSD. Is it to soon and wait a couple days for the letter generator?

Thank you

Also, can my increase from 50-70% SC mean I was granted TDIU?

• HadIt.com Elder

SC2003 The letter generator is a good source, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in being up to date. As Bronc stated, either ask someone who has access to VBMS to look it up, or wait about a week or so for your letter. And yes, the RO is supposed to consider TDIU once you get to 70%. It may take a little while but if you don't receive a notification of paperwork and a C&P, you can certainly ask. It is supposed to be a standard procedure. If there isn't anything in your BBE about it, I would then contact Peggy and see if your going to be in that process. The VA won't tell you anything until you receive your decision.

7 hours ago, SC2003 said:

No, there was no commissary/PX letter area that I was able to generate. I can only print a letter with my new percentage for PTSD. Is it to soon and wait a couple days for the letter generator?

Thank you

Also, can my increase from 50-70% SC mean I was granted TDIU?

The hard copy of the letter will be telling.  Others have stated asking someone with VBMS access.  The only person allowed to access that system should be a claims agent or service organization representative.  So if you’ve one, then contact them.  A rate increase doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll receive TDIU.  There’s many variables for achieving that status.  The increase from 50 to 70 for PTSD is a good start.  Even if you didn’t meet TDIU standards this time.  38 USC & 38 CFR are V.A. regulations that can be used for self education.

4 hours ago, MPsgt said:

I was just asking if the increase was a good possibility that TDIU did get approved cause that is what the claim was originally for.  I do see in my benefits summary that I am @ 70% now but my pay amount reflects that of 70%.  I was wondering if they're working on it and it hasn't updated. Or that I was probably denied cause that doesn't reflect a 100% amount paid. Sorry for the rant. But it's killing me not knowing how to pay my house anymore, now being unemployed since March 2019. (Which I provided evidence showing my separation agreement from previous employer. IDK if they're considering back paying to that date and is why nothing else has changed either. I really don't wait on those letters cause they never come to me. They say they send them to my VSO but getting through to them has never happened. (I've requested to send to my address but for some reason never get here. )

Edited by SC2003