VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wondering if TDIU was denied.

Rate this question

SC2003

Question

So after 5 months of claim being worked by VA and waiting on previous employer, there was a decision made today.  I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to find out if I received TDIU.  I do know that I did receive an increase of PTSD from 50% to 70%. My question is what happened to TDIU? I don't see anything about it on Ebenefits letter generator.  Does it take longer for that to show? Should it show up after a few days? Or does it mean I was denied?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

IF YOUR SAYING YOU HAVE A 50% AND GET A 70% INCREASE ON a different s.c. condition   the combined rating for those two is 85% rounded off at he 90% rating...Now Unless these s.c. conditions cause you not to be able to work or do any type of work   then the (VA ) should send you the IU application to file out,  or if you have a Dr stating you can't work due to your combined sc disabilities they should infer the IU 

But 50% and a 70% rating is a 85% and anything above 84,99  they round the # forward to the next higher percentage  in this case those two ratings  50%& 70% is a 90%combined rating.

or maybe I am not clear on this .if your increase was from the same disability you had at 50% and you got an increase of 20% to combiend to the 70%?

..this rating can be used for the IU  but you need a Qualified Dr to opine you can't work due to this service connected disability  or do any type of work.   then IU should be inferred. using the 4.15 (b) extra scheduler raing criteria.

Edited by Buck52

Sorry for the questions but now that I am looking at it I have two different effective dates, does anyone know as to why that would happen? please see photos attached. 

The only date i have near 1/23/2019 is my separation date from my previous employer 1/11/2019. (Within this claim)

VA benefits.png

VA benefits2.png

Edited by SC2003
missing important date of separation from work

Ok, well generally you almost never get an effective date for tdiu while you are working.  I know you are excited to know stuff, but you really dont have a choice but to wait for the envelope.  Its unproductive for me to speculate on what an unreliable Ebenefits says or means.  Wait for the envelope and you will get answers then.  If you have an attorney or VSO, with VBMS access they may be able to print the (decision letter) ahead of time. 

On 4/16/2020 at 12:39 AM, MPsgt said:

Was there a commissary/px letter accessible in the letter generator?

This no longer applies, DOD/VA made a new rule that all disabled veterans are entitled to commissary/BX/PX privileges  .

Beginning in January 2020, service-connected veterans and their caregivers will be eligible to use base commissary stores and some morale, welfare and recreation facilities on bases worldwide. This provision—located under section 621 of the NDAA— comports with DAV Resolution Number 270.

In addition, veterans with a service-connected disability rated as permanent and total will soon be eligible to use space-available (Space-A) travel on DOD aircraft, in accord with DAV Resolution Number 274. Eligibility does not extend to spouses, significant others or caregivers, and those wishing to travel Space-A must have a DD Form 2765.

https://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2018/defense-bill-expands-benefits-for-veterans/

Chapter 35 DEA only comes with P & T. Keep in mind that a veteran can be granted TDIU without P & T, he/she would just have an evaluation within 2 to 5 years. When a veteran is granted P & T, his/her decision packet would have a VA Form 21-8760 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR VETERANS WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED PERMANENT AND TOTAL DISABILITY

that explains additional benefits.

VA benefits2.png

Based on the above post 5 hours ago, you are not rated TDIU. As Bronco stated, you will have to wait for the decision letter. VA granted an increase but there is no mention of your TDIU claim.  As you know it could be granted or denied or still pending.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Pacmanx1

All you need to get on the post and commissary is your VAMC HEALTH  IDENTIFICATION CARD as proper ID.

Veterans currently use VHICs for identification and check-in at VA appointments, but will also use them for base access under the new program.

IT'S OPEN TO ALL VETERANS THAT USE THEIR VAMC  AND HAVE THIS CARD , DISABLED OR NOT.

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

This no longer applies, DOD/VA made a new rule that all disabled veterans are entitled to commissary/BX/PX privileges  .

Beginning in January 2020, service-connected veterans and their caregivers will be eligible to use base commissary stores and some morale, welfare and recreation facilities on bases worldwide. This provision—located under section 621 of the NDAA— comports with DAV Resolution Number 270.

In addition, veterans with a service-connected disability rated as permanent and total will soon be eligible to use space-available (Space-A) travel on DOD aircraft, in accord with DAV Resolution Number 274. Eligibility does not extend to spouses, significant others or caregivers, and those wishing to travel Space-A must have a DD Form 2765.

https://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2018/defense-bill-expands-benefits-for-veterans/

Chapter 35 DEA only comes with P & T. Keep in mind that a veteran can be granted TDIU without P & T, he/she would just have an evaluation within 2 to 5 years. When a veteran is granted P & T, his/her decision packet would have a VA Form 21-8760 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR VETERANS WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED PERMANENT AND TOTAL DISABILITY

that explains additional benefits.

VA benefits2.png

Based on the above post 5 hours ago, you are not rated TDIU. As Bronco stated, you will have to wait for the decision letter. VA granted an increase but there is no mention of your TDIU claim.  As you know it could be granted or denied or still pending.

But where do they get that date from? 1/23/2019? The only info in my TDIU claim I provided close to that date is my letter of separation from previous employer