VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

THIRD exam, same issue

Rate this question

Mr Anxiety

Question

Hi all. 

I had an exam last June - left knee, left shin. It came back not in my favor due to nexus. Opened another claim, nexus proven, but VA unable to approve because I didn’t “appeal” through the right channels. 

Back in February, I finally got a VSO. They submitted December’s exam (done by a VA doctor), with an MRI from my private care doctor, alone with my supplemental appeal. Today, I found out they want ANOTHER exam, and that’s the holdup. 

What’s the deal here? Anyone know? Three exams for one thing - even for the VA - seems to be overkill. I asked my VSO, but have not yet heard back. I feel like this should be something that can be ‘squashed’ so to speak. 

Thanks!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Welcome to hadit!!

You have come to the right place.  I could have suggested you stop by earlier, and we could have explained "how to appeal via the right channels", like we have for dozens of other Vets. 

I agree that 3 exams seems a bit much, but I cant explain that without reading them.  

You already explained why the first one was bad.  

Often a re exam means "something is missing".  The doctor may have forgotten to document symptoms..document etiology..or provide a rationale.  

Again, I cant opine on what was wrong with exam number 2, because I have not read it.  

But, its great you got a re exam.  Many of us just get denied, and some dont even know why.  Often we have to PAY for an IMO (or medical exam) when the exam is faulty.  You should be very happy you did not have to get an IMO as they can cost from 500 to thousands of dollars in order to "fix" your claim.   

38 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Welcome to hadit!!

You have come to the right place.  I could have suggested you stop by earlier, and we could have explained "how to appeal via the right channels", like we have for dozens of other Vets. 

I agree that 3 exams seems a bit much, but I cant explain that without reading them.  

You already explained why the first one was bad.  

Often a re exam means "something is missing".  The doctor may have forgotten to document symptoms..document etiology..or provide a rationale.  

Again, I cant opine on what was wrong with exam number 2, because I have not read it.  

But, its great you got a re exam.  Many of us just get denied, and some dont even know why.  Often we have to PAY for an IMO (or medical exam) when the exam is faulty.  You should be very happy you did not have to get an IMO as they can cost from 500 to thousands of dollars in order to "fix" your claim.   

So true on the last paragraph. I didn’t have to pay for my IMO, but many others had and it shouldn’t be that way.

But we all have to play by VA rules and continue going on the hamster wheel until we win.

Edited by Hucast21