VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knowledge Base on HADIT Extremely Helpful in Reaching 100% Rating

Rate this topic

Galen Rogers

The knowledge shared here on HADIT is superb. Thanks to all the folks here like Berta, Broncovet, and Buck52  for the knowledgeable advice that has been provided. The VA low balled me on several issues over the years. And outright denied many of my valid claims. Thanks to the advice and resources provided here I resubmitted valid claims and then submitted a NOD for what they either denied or low balled. The folks here helped me connect to Dr Bash for my NEXUS letters which helped put me over the top and definitely helped me get my sleep apnea granted. I also heard of "ASKNOD" (Alex Graham) here. The biggest thing I learned here is that we are responsible for our own success or failure and to never give up. We have to do our own research and we can't depend on our VSO to do it. So now due to the help from folks here, ASKNOD, and Dr Bash I am rated at 100%. 

Edited by Galen Rogers
correct info

• HadIt.com Elder

Galen Congrats! Took a long time and not without a lot of anxiety and frustration, but you did it. I hope you stay on and lend your knowledge and experience to new members that come on board here. Everyone has a different personal situation, but it is helpful for veterans to take a little piece of that back pay they get and contribute to help Hadit continue. Again, congrats!

That is Wonderful News!!!!!!!

Your post holds the Keys to success.....do your own research and don't depend on  VSOs  to do it.

And if you need an IMO/IME, to establish a valid nexus, it will usually be the best investment you can make, and the fee is often easily absorbed by comp money you might never see without the IMO/IME.

An independent doctor will give your SMRS, and medical records the first thorough reading they have probably ever gotten.

Congratulations!!!  Be sure to take advantage of the "other" benefits for 100 percent P and T.  A few of these are:

1.  Health insurance for your family (Champva).  Free, and good insurance.  

2.  Education for your family.  (Chapter 35).  

3.  10,000 dollars free life insurance.  You must apply within 2 years of your rating, but I dont suggest delaying it, because the life insurance builds up cash, and most people can use cash.  The sooner you apply, the sooner it starts building cash.  

4.  Dental insurance at your VAMC. 

5.  State benefits.  Some states offer free or reduced rate property taxes for 100 percent Vets, free license plates, free hunting or fishing license, more.  Check with your state.  

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!!!  Be sure to take advantage of the "other" benefits for 100 percent P and T.  A few of these are:

1.  Health insurance for your family (Champva).  Free, and good insurance.  

2.  Education for your family.  (Chapter 35).  

3.  10,000 dollars free life insurance.  You must apply within 2 years of your rating, but I dont suggest delaying it, because the life insurance builds up cash, and most people can use cash.  The sooner you apply, the sooner it starts building cash.  

4.  Dental insurance at your VAMC. 

5.  State benefits.  Some states offer free or reduced rate property taxes for 100 percent Vets, free license plates, free hunting or fishing license, more.  Check with your state.  

broncovet what life insurance is it. I just looked at eBenefits and the S-VDI is like $0 a month for me. I did not see anything that was listed as free.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use