VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knowledge Base on HADIT Extremely Helpful in Reaching 100% Rating

Rate this topic

Galen Rogers

SDVI has "waiver of premiums" on the first 10,000 dollars.  (This means free), but you have to qualify like everything else VA.  You should qualify, however, if you are at 100 percent.  

https://www.va.gov/life-insurance/options-eligibility/s-dvi/

Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page where it says waiver of premiums.  

I have had SDVI for about 7 years now.  I could cash my policy in for "about" 4000 dollars if I so chose, because it builds cash value.  "not Getting" the 10,000 free life insurance is like throwing away 10,000 dollars because the policy will be worth 10,000 in about 15 years.   I havent paid a penny for it, but you do have to apply like everything else.  

Edited by broncovet

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, broncovet said:

SDVI has "waiver of premiums" on the first 10,000 dollars.  (This means free), but you have to qualify like everything else VA.  You should qualify, however, if you are at 100 percent.  

https://www.va.gov/life-insurance/options-eligibility/s-dvi/

Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page where it says waiver of premiums.  

I have had SDVI for about 7 years now.  I could cash my policy in for "about" 4000 dollars if I so chose, because it builds cash value.  "not Getting" the 10,000 free life insurance is like throwing away 10,000 dollars because the policy will be worth 10,000 in about 15 years.   I havent paid a penny for it, but you do have to apply like everything else.  

Howdy,

Here's an update on the insurance. I applied and VA denied. Said I was not healthy enough. They based on the fact that I "had" prostate cancer in the past, evidence of too much fat in my blood, and that I had a DVT with pulmonary embolism after a flight returning from the Philippines. They said I can appeal the decision. Still thinking about it. I received radiation treatment for my prostate cancer over two years ago and so far no signs of it returning. None of these items are connected to any of my rated problems. I need to do some research on all of it.Luckily I have a Metlife policy that covers me.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use