VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA on disabled veteran's stimulus paymemts

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

VA Partners with Treasury Department to Deliver Economic Impact Payments to Veterans

April 17, 2020, 03:31:00 PM

"VA Partners with Treasury Department to Deliver Economic Impact Payments to Veterans

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today it is working directly with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and U.S. Treasury Department to ensure delivery of ‘Economic Impact Payments’ to Veterans who receive Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefit payments from VA without additional paperwork or IRS filings.

The ‘Economic Impact Payments,’ authorized by the Treasury Department under the 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, will be issued automatically to recipients of non-taxable VA benefits who did not file annual income tax returns for 2018 or 2019. VA and the IRS have been collaborating since the passage of the CARES Act to ensure Veterans receive their EIP.

“Many have expressed concern that Veterans and their beneficiaries would be overlooked during the distribution of Economic Impact Payments from the CARES Act simply because they don’t file an annual tax return,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “This collaboration will ensure our Veterans receive CARES Act payments without any additional action or paperwork required.”

Economic Impact Payments will be automatic for non-tax filing VA beneficiaries. For VA beneficiaries who filed a Form 1040 for 2018 or 2019, those payments will also be automatic. No further action is needed. They can track the status of their payments on the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov. For non-tax filing VA beneficiaries, please note their information will be loaded on this tool within the next few weeks.

For VA beneficiaries who didn’t file a tax return in 2018 or 2019 and have a dependent, there is a special step they need to take, and the sooner the better. They should visit the Non-Filer: Enter Payment Info Here tool on IRS.gov. By quickly taking steps to enter information on the IRS website about them and their qualifying children, they can receive the $500 per dependent child payment in addition to their $1,200 individual payment. 

VA recognizes that many non-tax filing beneficiaries have already begun using the IRS’ EIP payment portal to provide the necessary data to IRS to receive their EIP. There will be no interruption to payments being processed using the IRS portal, and Veterans with internet access are encouraged to continue providing information and track their EIP through the IRS portal. 

For those who do not have access, or choose not to use the IRS portal, their EIP will be processed without further action on their part.

While no date for distribution has been set at this time, VA is securely sharing necessary beneficiary data with Treasury which will allow Treasury to begin issuance of Economic Impact Payments.

For more information on CARES Act ‘Economic Impact Payments,’ visit: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know."

VA Press Release April 17, 2020, 03:31:00 PM

Buck...contact your realtor "right away" and tell them you dont have the money to close.  Trust me, your realtors would much rather pay the 650 out of their commissions..than have it not close and get zero.  If the realtors paid the 650 for you, then they still made 12,000'something dollars, its much better for them than 0 dollars if you dont close.  

This has happened to me numerous times (I was the realtor).  Again, realtor fees are negotiable, there is no government mandated real estate commission minimum.  

Ask them for help, explain you are in danger of not closing because you dont have the money.  

"Ask" and ye shall receive.  

• HadIt.com Elder

All I want to know is "Where is my money?"  My brother got his on the 15th of April.  I wants my money!  I finally got a phone appointment with my doctor so I can get my pain pills.  I called the VA for days before someone woke up and made my appointment. Lucky I hoard pills so I don't run out before the month is over.

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand what your saying here  but the realtors don't get sall the piece of this pie   the over all 5% of the sell price of the home pays for everyone involved in the sale...the realtors collect the 5%  of the sell price of the home  273.000///13,000.0 profit off the sell of the house, however they are other fees to be paid from this sell  the people who make it happen  #1 IS THE REALTORS, then they have to pay everyone else involved in the sell. mostly the Title companies ect,,ect,,

I am sure my realtor would take a 650.00 loss to complete the sell, and we may ask he if she will? if she won't or can't ..then we will need to come up with the  650.00 bucks.

You can look at it like the realtor taking a LOSS, but that is not correct.  They will MAKE money, not lose it, they will just make a little less than they had hoped.  

You are asking them to give you a 650 discount.  They WILL lose, however, if the deal does not close!!!