VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ridiculous IMO fees

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I know that Dr. Bash is well respected on this forum, so I sought out his service to write me an IMO for my prostrate cancer .  He took a long time to get up with me , even failing to call me after a call was scheduled.  I had to email him again, and request another call. He was never specific as to the cost of his services. I used Dr. Anise's services in the past and his fees for two IMO's were $1500, in fact that is what he charges everyone. Another doctor Dr. Seiter has his fees listed on his web site and his services for an IMO are $500. Dr. Bash's secretary called me a few minutes ago and quoted me $10,000 for an IMO. She wanted $3000 down, and to arrange a payment plan.  I informed her the the fee was ridiculous, explaining what Dr. Anise charged me in the past and what Dr. Seiter charges. She asked me what did I think was a fair fee. I refused to answer her telling her that I though that Dr. Bass was  trying to get rich on the back of veterans.  Maybe my opinion of Dr. Bash is wrong, I sure hope so.   If anyone wants to get an IMO check out the following link from Watchdog.org , it list many doctors willing to provide IMO's.

https://www.vawatchdog.org/imo-ime-medical-opinions-exams.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Dr Bash is a good Doctor and good businessman.

Dr Bash maybe pretty expensive but he is good at what he does  and I think his rate getting veterans claims approved are like a 98% win...

Normally Veterans use him that stand to get  80.000.000 to over 100.000 .00 in retro   so 1000.00.00 -minus 10.000.00 for his IMO/IME is a piece of cake I would think

VS FOR AN INCREASE OR FIRST TIME CLAIMERS

SO JUST MY OPINION IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU CAN WIN OR GET IN RETRO  IF YOU USE Dr Bash?

...that's just a good business deal for both parties.

I am not sure ?but I think Dr Bash has been doing IMO'S /IMEs a very long time  probably as long has Hadit has be on.

However its still the Veterans choice to use him!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

There's an old saying: You get what you pay for. Another is No Virginia, there is no Santa Clause. He gets compensated for his many years of medical experience and vast knowledge of the VA disability system. You have to pay for that. I think we all know many guys that say, hell, I ain't going to pay some doc big bucks. I can do this myself. I know several; many years have gone by and they still don't have the disability because they still think they are the smartest guy in the room. You have to get a good eval and nexus. Maybe you can get it from your VA doc. Probably not; or at least not anything that is going to get you a win. I think many veterans don't understand the process and don't have whatever it takes to get there. Those people need to get a IMO from someone that has a great track record. That's where the Dr. Ellis, Dr. Arnise and Dr. Bash come in. If you go to them, you're confident you have an excellent shot at winning your claim at the RO or at least at the BVA. IMHO.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Buck52 said:

Dr Bash maybe pretty expensive but he is good at what he does  and I think his rate getting veterans claims approved are like a 98% win...

Normally Veterans use him that stand to get  80.000.000 to over 100.000 .00 in retro   so 1000.00.00 -minus 10.000.00 for his IMO/IME is a piece of cake I would think

again i go back to my argument. "you win you pay, you dont you pay nothing"....and asking vets to front this money or "make a payment plan or "name your own price that's fair" is not to me good business. if it was lawyers would be doing it too! but they dont. i dont know why these docs cant do it the same way?

I never paid more than a $15.00 or $30.00 copay for an IME or a an IMO. It takes a disabled veteran years of misery to accumulate $10,000 in backpay. A veteran should not have to be rich to win a VA claim, nor should they be. Some of those high priced doctors used college to get a deferment and never served their country a day.  As far as the expensive college education, truth be known, most probably didn't even pay back tax payer money for the education loan. 

18 hours ago, jamescripps2 said:

It takes a disabled veteran years of misery to accumulate $10,000 in backpay. 

Actually it takes less than 4 months if you get to 100%.  But I agree, $10k is a lot of up front money.  I paid way less to get Dr. Ellis to provide me with 6 IME's.  There's options out there folks.