VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need opinions about getting a Nexus letter

Rate this question

Kraxup

Question

I received a VA rating early last year for tinnitus and hearing loss. I recently started another claim for back pain, PES Planus(flat feet) and a ankle injury. I have proof in my service medical chart of a back injury on 2 occasion. Plus during the second visit it's document that my pain was continuous for the previous 6 months. 

The arch of my feet were recorded as normal during my first enlistment. When I reenlisted in the Army after being out of USMC for 4 months i recieced a entrance medical exam. In that entrance medical exam it's documented that i have flat feet.

Lastly my ankle injury was documented in my service medical records. 

What is the opinion of getting a Nexus letter with so much proof in my service medical records. Get a Nexus, YES, or NO. 

1 answer to this question

• Lead Moderator

If it were me and this information was in your records there is no need for a Nexus.  Now if there is nothing in your service records then you would need to get one done.  

With that being said there is no way to say they will look at it all.  If it were me I would print the parts of your medical records and highlight where it shows it.  This way they are less prone to miss them, but this is just my opinion.