VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine Claim approved at 50% today after BVA remand

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

Hello everyone,

Today I was on Ebenifits and saw that my Migraine claim had updated to 50%, bringing me up to 80% total.  VA.gov shows no information on this claim..?

I did some quick math and backpay will be about 22,068, less 500 for doctor exam and letter, and 4,413 for my attorney = 17,154.  

Anyway, I have not seen a direct deposit so I presume that large amounts take a little longer to process? 

********************************************************************************************************************************
Total Combined Disability

You have a 80% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive.

How is this calculated

Add Disabilities

Submit a claim to make any updates to the disabilities that you believe are related to your military service.

Apply Now.

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   03/08/2011

migraines (previously addressed as headaches)

50% Service Connected   08/01/2017
bilateral hearing loss 50% Service Connected   02/11/2016

Edited by MKAH
formatting

• HadIt.com Elder

MKAH Conrats! That's super. Yes; it can take a while to get your back pay. The higher amounts take more time because more hoops in  the signature circuit. And each one is a little different, but sometimes it is in a couple of spaced out deposits. If you get a big chunk of $ like that; pay some bills and just sit on it a while. It is a lot easier to spend it than to get it.

25 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

MKAH Conrats! That's super. Yes; it can take a while to get your back pay. The higher amounts take more time because more hoops in  the signature circuit. And each one is a little different, but sometimes it is in a couple of spaced out deposits. If you get a big chunk of $ like that; pay some bills and just sit on it a while. It is a lot easier to spend it than to get it.

Thanks for the reply GBArmy,

I was surprised that VA.gov shows nothing regarding this specific claim for Migraines (a BVA grant, ordering a C&P which happened about 2.5 weeks ago and the RO rating happening today)?

My last claim pending is PTSD.  A remand by the BVA for a C&P (which occurred about six months).  The RO must still be working on (waiting to get to it) to determine service connection or not, then possible rating.

Thank you for the kind words

Congratulations!

Don't you love when a plan come together?

Hopefully that PTSD claim will push you closer to that 100% rating scheduler or TDIU.

Sorry that you are going through what you are going through.

Try to keep some of the retro for rainy days, you never know what will happen.

Congrats.

If you aren't currently working due to your service connected disabilities, and have not previously filed for TDIU, you may want to consider filing immediately a VA Form 21-8940, Veteran's Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

Edited by 63Charlie

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Congratulations!

Don't you love when a plan come together?

Hopefully that PTSD claim will push you closer to that 100% rating scheduler or TDIU.

Sorry that you are going through what you are going through.

Try to keep some of the retro for rainy days, you never know what will happen.

Thank you very much.  

2 hours ago, 63Charlie said:

Congrats.

If you aren't currently working due to your service connected disabilities, and have not previously filed for TDIU, you may want to consider filing immediately a VA Form 21-8940, Veteran's Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

Thanks for the reply 63Charlie,

On Monday, I will be calling my attorney (Woods & Woods) to discuss this.  I have not worked since 3 Jan 2016 due to my SC disabilities.  We will likely file the 21-8940 ASAP as my remaining claim for PTSD, if determined to be SC, would be rated at 70% best case scenario.  This combination would bring me to SC of 94% rounded down to 90%.

Thank you for the Form number.