VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T - Microphone Drop

Rate this topic

MarkInTexas

Well folks, I finally crossed the goal line that I have been moving the ball toward since I started this adventure in 2010.  A few days ago, I saw all kinds of crazy activity on eBenefits and VA.gov as I went to check on my slow shuffle in the BVA line.  I had already had my hearing and had several claims granted, and was waiting for the VA to move forward on the granted conditions, or see if they were were going to handle the remaining two remanded conditions that didn't amount to much anyway.

I was sitting back with something like 33,000 claims still ahead of me in the slow march, so I was surprised to see an attorney fee determination claim pop up out of nowhere.  I called my attorney and left a message with his office.  He called me back a couple of days later excited and says that it looks like I'm about to join the Chapter 35 Club and that they will be retro'ing my EED back to my original claim dates.  He said to watch for the mail, and as usual to never trust eBenefits, which I don't, but I still do go to, which I know I shouldn't, but I do.  Y'all know what I mean.

Anyway, a couple of days later, I get a nice retro in my account, and see that eBenefits is showing 100%, and the letter generator shows the same with the famous language of permanent and total with no future exams scheduled included in the letter.

I noticed all of the BVA granted conditions were showing as service connected, except for one, so I'm assuming they are still working on that little one.  Also the two remanded conditions have not been decided yet either.  One called for a records review in the BVA remand decision and the other for a C&P, so since we now live in a COVID-19 world, who knows how that will work out?

So anyway, I'm sitting and waiting on the one granted remaining and two remanded, but everything online shows green lights.  I did notice that there is are now two "new" claims open in my eBenefits, one still for the attorney fee determination and one for a "STR-Medical", and when I go to it, it says the claim is a regulatory and procedural review.  I'm hoping that some of y'all know what that means.

I know that nothing is super "official" until I get the big brown envelope, or white, or brown and white....whatever the VA has in stock at the time, but it is a relief to finally be near the end of the tunnel that started with a VONAPP submission to the VA.  Yeah, I said it...VONAPP......the claims are that old.

I know I've said it before, but I will say it again.  I joined this site back in 2012, and it has provided a wealth of knowledge, counseling and peace of mind, and also served as a place to ventilate.  I couldn't have made it without the help of you folks.  I also have to say that Asknod's e-book on Amazon saved me tons of trouble in the beginning, and it as handy as a pocket on a shirt as you navigate through the process.

Thanks to all of you, and I wish you peace, good health and happiness.  I'll be back and forth on here still to check in, and maybe give some advice or get some advice.  Thank you all for your service, both in the military and now.  God bless each and every one of you.

Mark

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation MarkinTexas  good fight

Keep on staying on hadit  your experience with your claims can help other veterans   & plus we still need to meet for coffee someday.

of course I don't live in Dallas/Rowlett anymore   we went from Dallas to Burleson  South of Ft Worth  and because of the HOA  in Burleson I could not agree with their foolishness,  we pulled up and Are in the process of Moving to West Ft Worth (White settlement area) just off Loop 820-S  but will still use the VA.in Dallas,.

Ft worth VA is closer  but I Went and seen the Dallas travel pay director and he ok me coming to the Dallas VAMC Since All my medical records/Dr's are there and I am in MH therapy there.  since 1999

Again Congratulation  on your Big Win my friend

Buck

Great news and don't forget CHAMPVA for the dependents.

CHAMPVA has their own site and the application is on it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use