VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Don't understand whar's happening with my FDC

Rate this question

Lunchbox111

Question

In 2016 I received SC for lumbar strain (10%) and TBI (10%) and tension headaches secondary to the TBI (0%). In November 2019 I completed the intent to file and on March 26, 2020 I submitted an FDC for an inrease on headache and back and radiculopathy left and right legs secondary to the back. On April 2, VA Received and completed the initial review and on April 3rd I signed the form 5103 notice. A week and a half to two weeks ago I received a letter from the VA typed on April 3rd stating they were going to set me up for an exam. As of today va.gov says it's still in evidence gathering

Request 1

Exam Request - Processing

No longer needed

Does anyone know what this means? I'm just confused on whether or not I will be sent for an exam or if it means they no longer need it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lunchbox 111 More than likely, you will be contacted for a C&P. It can be a while; the VA isn't doing any physical C&P's right now, and the video exams are going to be selective based on what is required. "No longer required" is an internal comment that doesn't relate to anything of importance to you. VA.gov is notorious for being inaccurate, outdated info, and/or just wrong. Hang tight; they will call to set up your exam.

20 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Lunchbox111

Did I say a decision has been made? No . I or anyone else can see that

I was simply was trying to let you know how they do these  virtual or tele  health conferences  or c&p exams  via  using the computer at home. in person exam the veteran can ask if the exaniner has all his evidence the VA sends them to do the exam...its just hard to submit evidence using the tele health conference or the virtual exam opposed if you have a in -person exam. where you can hand deliever any evidence the examiner don't have or if the VA Fails to send them all your evidence of record.

This is all new to most veterans  and the cocvid 19 is the cause of it  but they did these before covid 19  they just do more of them now. ...>for our safety as well as the Dr's

As for as seeing if a decision has been made or not

VSO/ATTORNEY/CLAIMS AGENT or someone like the DAV Some one with permission to access the (VBMS ) Veterans Benefit Management System can see what all is going on and if a decision as in fact been made on your claim.

Normally your VSO/ATTORNEY will send you a unofficial letter  letting you know a decision has been made (if they still do that?) I believe they still do.

The BBE  is normally use as abbreviation for the BIG BROWN ENVELOPE that you should recieve in the Mail

just be more patient and maybe find a fun hobby to do to keep your mind occupied on other things   waiting for a decision will cause you a lot of stress and unneeded anxiety...so hang in there and keep your self busy with something  stop looking on ebenefits everyday.

As for as the BBE it actually can be white, there's no set color here its what ever they have at the out  processing stage of your claim  they can use any color envelope they have  if it fits all they need to mail you.

BBE That's the envelope that has all the information in it,  now rather that information is good or bad we don't know...until you open it up and read it.

Sorry Buck52, I guess I misread your first post. 

Brokensoldier244th;

Do you know if it’s normal for them to request a C&P exam when a FDC is submitted with DBQs for everything claimed?

Generally no, provided the DBQs are filled out completely, and that there are no special issues like PTSD/ MST that require direct VA exam. At least thats what I know so far based on the claims I have trained with. Sometimes the DBQs don't match up with the evidence submitted by the veteran like Area of Operations for special issues (herbacide, AO, freezing injury, whatever) or the other medical exams or entrance/exit exams don't match up with the DBQ contentions. Then VA would do either an opinion or an exam. Its hard to say 'generally' because every claim is so different. 

I just received an e-mail from QTC to go to their portal and sign up for my exam. I was seen in person by a doctor for the DBQs I submitted. The person at Vet Rating Group that has been helping me is pushing me not to go to the exam. He said not doing the exam shouldn’t affect my rating based on what we submitted. He has successfully helped several other veterans that I know. Do you all have any input to help me decide what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If need be I can upload my completed DBQs

• HadIt.com Elder

Lunchbox111 I don't know about Vet Rating Group but I would go and sign up at the portal at QTC. On there there is an info number to call. You want to determine exactly what you are being called for at a C&P. Did you have an exam on everything you submitted a claim for?  You may find out there is a disability that they haven't covered. At this time I still don't think the VA is allowing actual C&P's. This might be a ACE exam anyway, which would mean you don't attend physically anyway. They decide your situation based on records and evidence already accumulated in your file. But to blindly tell you not to attend is not smart. You have to find out more facts. You skip a C&P and you just lost your claim.