VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does VA Followup on S/C depression?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

Shrek has a good point. When you look at a ratings schedule entry to get an idea of what you may be rated in the future, or to see what you are rated under now, you only have to have a majority of the conditions in a new rating, not all of them. I have a pretty high MH, but its due to a combination of treatment resistant depression, anxiety, insomnia, and concentration/mood issues. I don't have hallucinations or thoughts of self harm or anything like that, and my relationships with others may be strained at times but I AM capable of having them. Even at 80 or 90% it doesn't meant you are a vegetable. 

For the last several years, on the treatment side, ive done every 30 days for awhile, then 60, then every few months-now I pretty much only check in 1-2 times a year for meds evals. I revently switched meds so for right now its every 3 months again, but I suspect that will taper off, too. I also do Telehealth. I asked the MH dept and they gave me the number for the Telehealth scheduling desk- Its part of regular scheduling but I don't know if its listed on their phone menu. I have a web cam and mic on my computer at home, so its pretty slick. You can also do it on your phone, so, as far as Apps go for the VA this one works pretty well. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with shrek and brokensolider 

Normally  when we go to treatment and stay in treatment for MH  PTSD  /MDD They tend to leave us alone  unless your condition gets worse  then they may call you in for a C&P Follow Up  to check your condition  if its got worse  of course you would more than likely get an increase if they determine it has actually worsen.

I don't know of any veteran that was reduced that was in treatment  he/she either stayed the same and their disability  stays the same  or it has increased and a increase in your disability is warranted. 

You can submit private records but VA will probably request a C/P if you are applying for benefits unless your private doc records are pretty thorough. I wouldn't file right at a diagnosis, but wait for a bit for more treatment notes to establish a severity, but thats me. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never been called for C&P EXAM since my PTSD Dx but I was in treatment before VA Diagnose me for PTSD, but still in treatment twice a month  was once a week.

The VA Had me do a C&P Exam before I was S.C. rated @70%

Remember A VETERAN MUST BE DIAGNOSE BY THE VA Dr's For the PTSD Diagnose under the DSM 5 PROVISIONS

• HadIt.com Elder

However  the VA can call anyone of us in for an exam to see if we have shown improvements and decide from the exam if a reduction will be warranted?

if you shown improvement its more than likely they will reduce you back to what your symptoms show,  if they show they are worse  then an increase  if they show improvment  then a decrease is most likely..and I believe this is with treatment or not.